Suicide And The Afterlife

ticktock

Registered
Not your usual post but I am just curious on other peoples thoughts.

Several years ago someone close to me took their own life. Since then I have considered seeing a spiritual medium but for some reason I have always decided not to. However I have spent hundreds if not thousands of hours scouring the net for clues as to what happens to those who take there own life on 'the other side" (not sure if there is another side).

I am interested to hear your thoughts no matter how crazy.

Thanks

:)

Go directly to hell, do not pass to purgatory, do not collect divine redemption.

Thats the agentine answer at least.

Personally I believe that just like other types of death, the body dies and the person simply ceases to exist.

Edit: The answer to the wolds oldest question being found on the "net" seems unlikely, but god works in mysterious ways

Go directly to hell, do not pass to purgatory, do not collect divine redemption.

Thats the agentine answer at least.

Personally I believe that just like other types of death, the body dies and the person simply ceases to exist.

Edit: The answer to the wolds oldest question being found on the "net" seems unlikely, but god works in mysterious ways
i`m not so sure that`s the argentine answer. the only times i`ve seen this topic on tv was in american movies i don`t think people are much concerned here. or maybe that answer is not that much spread

Francis Bacon said:
"Men fear death as children fear to go in the dark; and as that natural fear in children is increased by tales, so is the other."

I sincerely hope you find your answer.

But I doubt you will.

Not your usual post but I am just curious on other peoples thoughts.

Several years ago someone close to me took their own life. Since then I have considered seeing a spiritual medium but for some reason I have always decided not to. However I have spent hundreds if not thousands of hours scouring the net for clues as to what happens to those who take there own life on 'the other side" (not sure if there is another side).

I am interested to hear your thoughts no matter how crazy.

Thanks

:)

My thought is that there is only one way to find out.....

Suiciders ?will be in the lowest and hottest ring of Dante's Inferno, together with Parriciders..? For eternity. will NEVER see GOD...!

As a friend said I don't care not going to heaven, because will not know anyone up there. :cool:

The suspense is killing me.... no, vait! Life is.

PhillipDT seems to confuse the argentine amswer with the Roman Catholic Church Official version. Yet Purgatory is for those who died in Grace and Limbo went out of business 6 years ago.

I read in new Argentine Civil code which is being discussed and is likely to confirm in force after march 2013, Euthanasia will be legalized. It will be the first country in Latin America to legalize it.

So All suicide seekers , their is hope.

I'm not sure what happens to anybody in the afterlife... or even if there is an afterlife... but I think suicide should be seen the same as any self destructive disease. Whether it's illness, depression, drugs, personal problems, or any combination, these people usually aren't in a right state of mind when they take that decision. If murderers can find redemption, why not those that make such a mistake with their own life?

What a heavy subject for a Saturday night... ;)

There was a guy, Dante Alighieri, who wrote extensively on the subject. Something about the middle ring of the seventh circle.....

Back