Summer schools

Charley

Registered
We will be arriving in BA not long before the school year ends. Does anyone know of an infant school (for a 6 year old) that is open during the 3 month summer break?

We moved to Argentina at the end of the school year in 2008. We opted for a "colonia de verano" at the nearby rugby club. It was a great way for my 3 boys meet friends, learn the language, and keep busy during the summer. My youngest was 6 yrs old at the time. Now all of the boys are active at the club playing sports and hanging out with friends.

Charley said:
We will be arriving in BA not long before the school year ends. Does anyone know of an infant school (for a 6 year old) that is open during the 3 month summer break?

All the private schools offer some form of summer school beit half or full day so if youre in Belgrano see the previous posts on private schools in your area. Otherwise independent sports clubs like Club de Ninos, Club Italiano, YMCA etc are an option but 6 seems quite young to attend something with which the family has no direct connections..by and large childcare via the school clubs here is excellent and they have their friends to be with them..but outside of the schools I'd personally hesitate in sending a 6 year old to something I didnt have connections with, in any part of the world!

Thanks, for your replies, my son already attended a Colonia de Verano last year, which was great, but due to unavoidable skipping back and forth between BA and Europe he is having rather a lot of holidays. I was hoping there might be a more formal school open during that period.

Back