Swine Flue

objectiveous said:
Funny aren't they? And sorta sad too, no?

I don't think she's giggling much now when it turns out we were right. But I guess she will never admit that.

And I don't really see the fun in innocent people dying and getting horrible side-effects just so the big pharmaceutical companies can have billions of our tax money.

I'm sure Margaret Chan has a Swiss account stockpiled with $ by the pharmaceutical companies.

Um.. right about what?

Was there an over-reaction to the swine flu? Sure, I have stated that more than once. And do I agree that the media made much ado about not a lot (although I personally did have it)? Yes, again. And yes, I do think WHO tends to err on the side of extreme caution when there is potential for a pandemic due to the world we live in where people are constantly traveling.

Do I think anyone has proven it was some scam to fuel the profits of pharma companies and oh my god, the vaccines are killing people everywhere? Not so much.

Sorry - conspiracy theories do and always will make me giggle. And I can't imagine living a life where I was convinced "they" (be it the US, some ultra-secret cabal, big businesses) were out to get me. :eek:

citygirl said:
Um.. right about what?

Was there an over-reaction to the swine flu? Sure, I have stated that more than once. And do I agree that the media made much ado about not a lot (although I personally did have it)? Yes, again. And yes, I do think WHO tends to err on the side of extreme caution when there is potential for a pandemic due to the world we live in where people are constantly traveling.

The only thing you have stated before in this thread is that this thread makes you giggle.

citygirl said:
Do I think anyone has proven it was some scam to fuel the profits of pharma companies and oh my god, the vaccines are killing people everywhere? Not so much.

You might not think that, but the head of health at the Council of Europe does:

"A group of people in the WHO is associated very closely with the pharmaceutical industry."

and:

"We want to clarify everything that brought about this massive operation of disinformation. We want to know who made decisions, on the basis of what evidence, and precisely how the influence of the pharmaceutical industry came to bear on the decision-making."

I suggest you read the articles I've posted.

And a few people have died from the shot. Here are 4 cases in Sweden for example:
http://www.thelocal.se/22846/20091024/

And about nerve damage due to the vaccine:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-concern-neurologists-25-deaths-America.html

citygirl said:
Sorry - conspiracy theories do and always will make me giggle. And I can't imagine living a life where I was convinced "they" (be it the US, some ultra-secret cabal, big businesses) were out to get me. :eek:

You don't know the meaning of "conspiracy theory". The official version of 9/11 is also a conspiracy theory by definition. What makes you giggle is when people actually use their brain and think for themselves instead of just swallowing what your government spoon feeds you with.

orwellian said:
You don't know the meaning of "conspiracy theory". The official version of 9/11 is also a conspiracy theory by definition. What makes you giggle is when people actually use their brain and think for themselves instead of just swallowing what your government spoon feeds you with.

As opposed to you swallowing what you read on some website that spoon feeds you information?:rolleyes:

citygirl said:
As opposed to you swallowing what you read on some website that spoon feeds you information?

haha and you don't do exactly the same? citygirl with all due respect, you are the one who swallows everything the mainstream press spoon feeds you.

what is stated in the article does not surprise me in the least. does it really surprise you that drug companies have influence in the WHO as well as many other organizations? they have far more influence than you believe.

do you not find it odd that as of last month, the head of the WHO had not yet received her swine flu shot? hmm. could it be that perhaps she knows something the rest of us don't? how could it possibly be that the head of an organization that put us at the highest level for a non threat has not had her shot yet? give me a break.

the media does not do the hyping. it's the criminal interests that own/control the media that instruct it to do the hyping. follow the money.

also, stop exaggerating. nobody is saying that vaccines are killing people everywhere. However, in most cases, vaccines are most definitely not good for a person and there is PLENTY of evidence to prove this. This is why it is puzzling to know that you are such a big proponent of vaccines.

Stop twisting the debate around saying "they" are out to get you. Again, you're trying to subtly paint anybody that goes against the grain as paranoid. Nobody's saying that. Be aware that's all. Ask questions. Don't be so gullible and naïve to think that government and these institutions would never do anybody any harm.

has it been proven that the flu was a scam? not yet, but there is certainly more than enough evidence to suggest that all is not according to what we are being told/sold. you have to at least admit that.

I have either directly or indirectly known four people that caught the flu. ALL of them said it was no different than any other flu. i also personally know three people who came down with serious side effects after taking the swine flu vaccine. and they know for sure their sickness was directly due to the swine flu shot.

to constantly say that "conspiracies make you giggle" is a convenient way for you to live in denial and casually dismiss the issue, while giving zero facts to back up your argument. your stance is simply that you do not believe such a thing to be true, therefore it makes you giggle. i've seen numerous posts from you on other threads where you contribute next to nothing to the debate, simply that it makes you giggle.

Redrum - you are late to the party. Orwellian already accused me of simply swallowing everything the mainstream media spoon-feeds me. I'm simply pointing out that he (and many others) do the same with off-the-center publications. Pot, kettle and all that.

And no one thinks its worse than the regular flu? Well, it wasn't for me but I'm sure there are others (including Igor who was hospitalized for it, per my understanding) who may not feel the same way. I would be hard-pressed to say you can speak for everyone that had the flu.

Re: vaccines. Fine, you have every right not to get vaccinated. I strongly encourage you to go live in an area where you can live au natural - without vaccines for TB, smallpox, measles, mumps, rubella, et al. You seem to think your quality of life will improve. Have at it. No one is telling you otherwise. Yes, I am a huge proponent of vaccines. Yes, I believe that immunizations have improved quality of life, eradicated or lessened the impact of life-threatening disease, extended life spans, etc.

The thing I find most interesting is that because I find many theories posted on her to be completely lacking in credibilty, you and others immediately accuse me of being blind, not asking questions, being a sheep or whatever other insult you can come up with. Does it ever occur to you that maybe I have looked into it & I think it's utter bullshit? Someone disagreeing with your vehemently stated position doesn't make them uninformed, just means they don't agree with you.

And again, you are entitled to think whatever you want about my contributions and value or lack there of. Have at it. You can inform me I'm living in denial or contribute nothing - really, it's all fine.

I can continue to point out that I think things are funny or batshit crazy or conspiracy theories.

citygirl said:
Yes, I believe that immunizations have improved quality of life, eradicated or lessened the impact of life-threatening disease, extended life spans, etc.

I believe immunizations have worked well... actually too well, that money was/is no longer being made by the pharmaceutical companies manufacturing medicine to treat these diseases.

Do I believe that a pharmaceutical company would prolong a cure for a disease in order to milk it for all its worth? YES.

Do I believe that a pharmaceutical company could or would create/mutate diseases in order to make money? YES.

That's not a conspiracy theory, that's simple common sense.

There have been allegations the WHO was in league with the pharmaceutical industry, declaring the pandemic to generate windfall profits for companies making vaccine and antiviral drugs.

The parliamentary assembly of the Council of Europe has announced it will hold a debate on the topic entitled "False pandemics, a threat to health" at the end of the month and has asked WHO officials to testify.

The body, not to be confused with the European Union, is based in Strasbourg, France. Its 47 member countries work through it to safeguard human rights and other protections of individuals, but it can make only non-binding recommendations.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/health/100114/x011402A.html

citygirl said:
As opposed to you swallowing what you read on some website that spoon feeds you information?:rolleyes:

The reason I said that you were spoon feed by your government is because you are. Why do you use the term "conspiracy theories" when the governments official theory of 9/11 is also a conspiracy theory? Why don't you use another term like "alternative theory" or "crackpot theory"? The reason for that is because you are simply reiterating the same propaganda you have been brainwashed with.
10th of November 2001 George Bush said this in a speech at the U.N: "Let us never tolerate outrageous conspiracy theories". Since then the same propaganda has been echoed in the media over and over again. And you are subconsciously doing it as well, just as you have been programmed to.

citygirl said:
Re: vaccines. Fine, you have every right not to get vaccinated. I strongly encourage you to go live in an area where you can live au natural - without vaccines for TB, smallpox, measles, mumps, rubella, et al. You seem to think your quality of life will improve. Have at it. No one is telling you otherwise. Yes, I am a huge proponent of vaccines. Yes, I believe that immunizations have improved quality of life, eradicated or lessened the impact of life-threatening disease, extended life spans, etc.

This thread is about Swine Flu, not vaccinations in general.

citygirl said:
The thing I find most interesting is that because I find many theories posted on her to be completely lacking in credibilty, you and others immediately accuse me of being blind, not asking questions, being a sheep or whatever other insult you can come up with. Does it ever occur to you that maybe I have looked into it & I think it's utter bullshit? Someone disagreeing with your vehemently stated position doesn't make them uninformed, just means they don't agree with you.

And again, you are entitled to think whatever you want about my contributions and value or lack there of. Have at it. You can inform me I'm living in denial or contribute nothing - really, it's all fine.

I can continue to point out that I think things are funny or batshit crazy or conspiracy theories.

You are the only one insulting people here when you insinuated that we were crazy and paranoid. I don't mind if you think that our opinions are utter bullshit, but I would like it if you used some argumentation to prove your point. If you had looked into it, as you say have, you would have no problems doing that. I think if you did look into it, you only did so to confirm your own preconceived opinions.

Back