Tai Chi in Argentina

JHB1216

Registered
Is anyone taking Tai Chi here in one of the many Kung Fu/Tai Chi studios in the city? I am looking for a place close to the Almagro area around Rivadavia?

At the park across from the Ministerio de Educacion (b/n Callao y Rodriguez Pena & Paraguay y Marcelo T. Alvear) there is a group that meets for Tai Chi in the mornings-ish. ~10:00am.

The first time I saw it was something I'll never remember.

There is a dog park thing (fenced in area for dogs) in that park. There were about 30 dogs barking like crazy with one or two spectacularly insane dogs rolling around in a mud puddle like they were piglets on crack... and if you turned your head about 30 degree to the south, there were about 20 blue hairs going through the motions completely oblivious to the Call of the Wild just about 15 to 20 meters away.

I think that I could even hear the soft notes of Asian (Chinese?) music occasionally detectable over the barking of the dogs. My guess is that most of the participants had their hearing aids turned down to the "Serenity Now" setting.

suerte

If you go, make sure that you go at 10:00AM. Because if you go at 10:00PM, you better be in full goth regalia or you will feel like a complete idiot.

There is a common misconception that Tai Chi is only for "blue hairs" as I have been taking Tai Chi on and off for over 10 years, I am 45 and 80% of the classes are filled with teens and twenty-somethings, mostly female.

That being said I go to the "Centro San Ti" School that is at Estado de Israel 4116 and pay 70 pesos to take 2 classes a week for a month. They teach Tai Chi Chuan, Kung Fu and Aikido. A number of the students and the Aikido professor speak perfect english.

Napoleon said:
There were about 30 dogs barking like crazy with one or two spectacularly insane dogs rolling around in a mud puddle like they were piglets on crack...

Hahahaha...OMG..thanks for that, my dose of laughter for the day.

I go to the park every tuesday and thursday to do tai chi the practice starts at 9:30 and Saturdays at 10am, as soon as you start you don't hear the dogs anymore!

Back