Taking the plunge - New to Bs As

DanielaBsAs

Registered
Hi All,

I am brand new to this group, I jumped online about an hour ago after being fed up and wanting to reconnect. I am glad I did because there certainly are a lot of people here with common interests. So thanks for having me!

I am 29, Australian, and have come here with my husband (who is argentinian) to live for a year or so. Right now I feel a bit like he has a world here and I don't, but I am sure this will change with a little time. I am not doing too much at the moment except for studying spanish and getting to know the place. I am thinking about doing some volunteering for an environmental organisation but have not made any leeway with that idea yet.

I love travel, music, food, movies, meeting interesting people and learning more about the world. I am also really missing eggs for breakfast!! Anyone know a cafe that does a good omelet?

All the best,
Daniela

Daniela,

Plaza Del Carmen has eggs and good omelets. It is a chain throughout BA. Their empanadas are also good.

Enjoy

Just about every Argentinean restaurant (especially the corner art deco ones) have omelets (plain, cheese, ham and cheese). Also tortillas which is an omelet with potatoes. I haven't had a bad one yet.

Tom

Hi Daniela

I am 28 and from the UK. I am moving to BA in two weeks to start a new job. I am moving with my husband but who won't be joining me for a while due to work commitments back in the UK. Would love to arrange something when I am around if you are up for it. Will be in touch.

Cheers

Thanks Tom! And hi Ramor - sounds great, look forward to meeting you. By the way if anyone else is missing a good ol brunch, the french cafe Oui Oui near the corner of nicaragua / arévalo, (sobre arévalo) is lovely!

All the best!
Daniela

Hi Daniela,

I'm from Brazil, and have been living in Buenos Aires for 1,5 years because my husband is working here. We love to go out dinning and travelling. I'm also into movies and culture. I'd love to join you for some coffee and talking if you like the idea. I also thought about volunteering but haven't gotten to it yet since I have a coffee shop in Brasil that keeps me busy as well.
As for brunch have you tried a place called Olsen ? It's really nice!

Claudine
DanielaBsAs said:
Hi All,

I am brand new to this group, I jumped online about an hour ago after being fed up and wanting to reconnect. I am glad I did because there certainly are a lot of people here with common interests. So thanks for having me!

I am 29, Australian, and have come here with my husband (who is argentinian) to live for a year or so. Right now I feel a bit like he has a world here and I don't, but I am sure this will change with a little time. I am not doing too much at the moment except for studying spanish and getting to know the place. I am thinking about doing some volunteering for an environmental organisation but have not made any leeway with that idea yet.

I love travel, music, food, movies, meeting interesting people and learning more about the world. I am also really missing eggs for breakfast!! Anyone know a cafe that does a good omelet?

All the best,
Daniela

G'day Daniela,

My name is Kaylee, 27yrs, and I'm from Bega Australia...yes, the cheese land :)

Are u still in B.A? I'm moving back to B.A next month. I've had a few stints there in the past 3yrs as my partner lives there, but now I am moving there for...well...the next few yrs at least, and I was just wondering how u were settling in?

I too love music, food, movies, dancing (even though I don't know one official dance...just good ol grooving hehe) and travel. If you look at the recent forum post you'll see my question about Bacon...maybe you'll know the answer...

I need to do a Spanish course...where did u go to? Any good?

Well, I hope this mail find you well, and I also hope you have found your omelet. I can't really do omelets anymore because it was one of the only protein rich meals I could read on the menu for a yr, so I've kinda over done them....but I still have my Sunday ritual...eggs, hash browns, bacon y tomato, and I hope to continue them in B.A...

Well, nice to meet u in type, hopefully one day we will meet up for a drink followed by some greasy brekky hehe

Kaylee : )

go to the quimbombo in palermo soho.
u will go there and come back several times...!

Back