Talent Pool in Argentina

apurva

Registered
Hi Friends, I am Apurva Pandey, studying in a college in India. Currently, I am working on a project aimed at assessing the quality of workforce in Argentina in the Information Technology domain. For the same, I am trying to contact peopel who have worked/studied in Argentina to help me gauge the workforce quality.
I will be thankful if you guys can help me in this project. Just give me your email id/contact number and I will get in touch with you. Apurva pandey

everything is better in India - try Bangalore, a city of genius where every IT guy knows just about everything.

Thanks for your reply. This project is basically aimed at comparing the countries in Latin America in terms of their workforce quality. I have some idea about India but the its study lies outside the scope of the project. Can you give me some insights about the IT industry in Argentina?

Apurva,If you are serious about your project, try to get in touch with Computrabajo http://www.computrabajo.com/May be they will help you in exchange for some publicity. Alternatively you can buy access to their resume database, contact people directly and ask them to complete your questionnaire.

Thanks, I have initiated contact with the company you mentioned and am waiting for their reply now. Purchasing database would be costly, something which the allocated budget would not allow.

"igor" said:
Apurva,
If you are serious about your project, try to get in touch with Computrabajo
http://www.computrabajo.com/
May be they will help you in exchange for some publicity. Alternatively you can buy access to their resume database, contact people directly and ask them to complete your questionnaire.
it is trying to evaluate how much business they are loosing to latin america - the big 4 are steadily moving their 'rightsourcing' out of india - the banks, telecoms, finance will follow. I imagine this *college* project is funded by Wipro or Tata.

I know many US companies are looking to Argentina for both BPO & IT support. There are benefits to the near-shore model (lat-am countries) vs the off-shore model (India, China, etc) including ease of communication, cultural sensibilities, similar time zones, cost of services/salaries, etc..

As my professor handles some consultancy work also, your speculations might be correct. However, for me it is a project which requires output to be submitted by this Friday. Does any of you work in the IT outsourcing domain? Those Computrabajo guys do not seem to be answering me :(

"apurva" said:
As my professor handles some consultancy work also, your speculations might be correct. However, for me it is a project which requires output to be submitted by this Friday. Does any of you work in the IT outsourcing domain? Those Computrabajo guys do not seem to be answering me :(
At best, you will get anecdotal information here -- hardly the stuff of which reports and studies are comprised. Either look for governmental studies and reports (which probably don't exist in Argentina's case), or be on the ground in Argentina, where you can conduct your own investigation.

You can get some info about outsourcing in Argentina but it is in Spanishhttp://ecoveo.blogspot.com/

Back