Tango in the Time of Covid

Exactly the way I feel: it was wonderful and we must be thankful. But all good things come to an end. Something different, younger, less traditional, will replace it.

One positive is that the pandemic has shone a light on the precarious nature work in this subsector in a way that maybe even the participants themselves hadn't fully appreciated. They are now organizing themselves better to get an improved deal in whatever the future holds for them.

Someone shared the Facebook page with me that has all the outdoor milongas in BA. I went to Parque Rivadavia on Saturday, mainly to take photos and videos. When I met the organizers, Martin invited me for a tango by Carlos DiSarli. I couldn't refuse. I danced all bundled up in winter gear and sneakers. It was nice. Then I danced Chacarera with a woman. It was a sunny afternoon, and the park was full of families.

Someone shared the Facebook page with me that has all the outdoor milongas in BA. I went to Parque Rivadavia on Saturday, mainly to take photos and videos. When I met the organizers, Martin invited me for a tango by Carlos DiSarli. I couldn't refuse. I danced all bundled up in winter gear and sneakers. It was nice. Then I danced Chacarera with a woman. It was a sunny afternoon, and the park was full of families.
I talked with a friend of mine and she told me that Cachirulo is happening at Lo de Celia. Do you have any info about it? Seems clandestine.

No, I haven't heard anything. If Lo de Celia is open officially for dancing after 16 months, then Jonatan Rojas would announce Barajando on Wednesday and Sunday evenings. One week ago was the 21st anniversary of Lo de Celia.

Hector Pellozo turned 85 this month. He had COVID in March 2020, recovered and now has natural immunity. He is eager to get back to providing a place where serious dancers can reunite and embrace. I doubt there will be anything posted about it on Hoy Milonga.

No, I haven't heard anything. If Lo de Celia is open officially for dancing after 16 months, then Jonatan Rojas would announce Barajando on Wednesday and Sunday evenings. One week ago was the 21st anniversary of Lo de Celia.

Hector Pellozo turned 85 this month. He had COVID in March 2020, recovered and now has natural immunity. He is eager to get back to providing a place where serious dancers can reunite and embrace. I doubt there will be anything posted about it on Hoy Milonga.
Héctor was running a clandestine milonga the whole pandemic. He is crazy.

Respectfully, sir......i thought you knew about 15 people who died 'period'. From another post. Were they all tangueros?
I´m not interested about going to dance if is that what you mean for. I'm on the risk group.
Some of them yes. I think they were going to dance or work at clandestine milongas.

Back