Tango in the Time of Covid

Here is the information on the Av. Santa Fe 2516 (corner Puerreydon) milongas. Tango Milonguero on Facebook.Santa Fe 2516  Thursday 19 h.jpgSanta Fe 2516  Wed 19 hs.jpg

As we said all along, when the milongas return they will be younger people's events, run by younger people, for younger people, with younger people's codes.

There is nothing wrong with that. It was and is an inevitable outcome of the pandemic. But those of us who are older, and who preferred something more traditional, are going to struggle to recapture what we had. I have been to Krishna's milongas in the past on a couple of occasions and was like a duck out of water.

I'm not vaccinated, but I went to an outdoor milonga wearing a mask because it was the protocol, not because I believe it does anything for me. So call me an idiot. I have the right to control my body. I have a strong immune system from eating organic, getting 9 hours of sleep every night, an hour of exercise every day in nature, and daily meditation. Vaccines do not prevent infection or transmission, they only reduce the severity of the symptoms. You have natural immunity when you've had COVID.

A milonguera of 86 never had a vaccination in her life until her daughter pressured her to get one a few months ago. She suffered with dizziness for weeks. Then she attended her granddaughter's 44th birthday party and got COVID from her. She stayed in her apartment and weathered the symptoms. She called a few days ago to let me know she recovered. Now she has natural immunity and doesn't need the second shot. Those who get one after they've had COVID face complications. If you're interested in reliable sources, send me a PM.

You haven't been dancing in the milongas for 15 years, only for 15 years of visits to BA. Three years ago you were still looking for an apartment to buy in BA.

I plan on going to Parque Chacabuco on Sunday afternoon for the outdoor milonga with Mario Camartino (92) so we can dance tango.

You don't worry that, being unvaccinated, you might inadvertently pass the virus on to this 92-year old gentleman?

You don't worry that, being unvaccinated, you might inadvertently pass the virus on to this 92-year old gentleman?

I will answer you as simply as possible so you will understand. The vaccine does not prevent infection OR transmission. I have no chronic health issues. I am healthy at 73 because I take very good care of myself and my immune system does its job.

When I told Mario about the milonga near his apartment, he invited me to come on Sunday to dance with him. That is HIS decision whether or not we dance together. I accepted his invitation.

I checked the site Milongas al Aire Libre en BA on Facebook today and read that there is dancing on the terrace of Plaza Lezama, so I called another milonguero (86) because he lives three blocks from there. He has been in his apartment with very little physical or social activity for more than a year. I hope that he will go there today at 4pm and watch the dancing and listen to tango -- which he hasn't done for the entire pandemic.

I will answer you as simply as possible so you will understand. The vaccine does not prevent infection OR transmission.
Using a crosswalk to cross the street does not prevent you completely from a possibility of being hit by a car. But it is a pretty good idea anyway.

vacc.png

And these fully vaccinated people who do not get infected, they do not transmit the virus, naturally. So, the vaccines are effective in preventing both infection and transmission.

At the same time, there are some fully vaccinated people who get infected, and there are fully vaccinated people who even die. We are talking about the probabilities here.

i think this gentleman should decide for himself whether or not he wants to take that risk. if he's vaccinated then his own risks are much lower. if not, well, that's his choice too

Back