tango

Bajo_cero2 said:
She asked for a tango show, not a milonga. El Beso is not a place to go and see. Regards
Actually, NO, She did not, if you read the op it said,
she has already done all the "classics" including a turisty tango show,
Need some literacy help??

Mundial de Tango -2010-
Baile de Tango Salon

***Youtube Link:***
- Campeones 2010 -
Sebastián A. Jiménez & María I. Bogado

141_11405_20100830-2310.jpg

bogado%20y%20sebastian_th_jpg.jpg

Buenos Aires couple 18 won World Tango Lounge Competition

Congratulations to the young dancers.​

tangobob said:
Actually, NO, She did not, if you read the op it said,
she has already done all the "classics" including a turisty tango show,
Need some literacy help??

Sure, I am not a native speaker. But you don´t get it culturally.
The Milonga is not a zoo were you go to spy people dancing, I don´t like that. Specially when there are intruders in very traditional milongas, they only disturb milongueros and dancers because they don´t understand the social way to behave there. The walk through the dance floor meanwhile we are dancing, they sit with a chair on the dance floor or with a leg on the dance floor or the chat standing on the dance floor avoiding us to cabecear.
I suggest you take your mother to take some tango lessons, that would a way to make her participate of what Tango really is, on the other hand, it might change her life.
Maldita milonga is a good place for that, she can dance a little after the class and se the orchesta live and some people dancing. On the other hand, this place is full of people who has no idea about tango or milonga codes, so she will feel comfortable without disturbing anybody.
Regards

Just for your interest, my mother has visited me in march. this is an old thread.

and BTW, we didn't make it to any tango place, as she was dead tired...

katti said:
Just for your interest, my mother has visited me in march. this is an old thread.

To be fair, it was revived on post # 6 by someone asking about tango shows as opposed to your request for milongas.

Too bad no one mentioned the tango competition. I only read about it today with the announcement of the champions. Did anyone go to that? They made a big deal about the fact that she was 29 & he was 18... (the winners).

mini said:
To be fair, it was revived on post # 6 by someone asking about tango shows as opposed to your request for milongas.

Too bad no one mentioned the tango competition. I only read about it today with the announcement of the champions. Did anyone go to that? They made a big deal about the fact that she was 29 & he was 18... (the winners).

In fact to get the ticket is like to shopping on black friday, some friends were waiting like 10 hours for tickets.
I know them from Carlitos Perez´s class at Sunderland Club. He has a lot o potencial but he is too young. In fact his parents don´t allow him to go to milongas.
She is beutiful and that´s it. The worldchampions always are Carlos Perez´s dolphins (Daniel Nacucchio & Cristina Sosa, Lida Mantovani y Cristhian Sosa among others), they weren´t the best, that´s for sure.
Regards

Bajo_cero2 said:
Sure, I am not a native speaker. But you don´t get it culturally.
The Milonga is not a zoo were you go to spy people dancing, I don´t like that. Specially when there are intruders in very traditional milongas, they only disturb milongueros and dancers because they don´t understand the social way to behave there. The walk through the dance floor meanwhile we are dancing, they sit with a chair on the dance floor or with a leg on the dance floor or the chat standing on the dance floor avoiding us to cabecear.
I suggest you take your mother to take some tango lessons, that would a way to make her participate of what Tango really is, on the other hand, it might change her life.
Maldita milonga is a good place for that, she can dance a little after the class and se the orchesta live and some people dancing. On the other hand, this place is full of people who has no idea about tango or milonga codes, so she will feel comfortable without disturbing anybody.
Regards

OK I appologise for the literacy comment,your English is better than my castillano, but what you don't get is that people in my part of the world think that what they see in the shows is real tango. They treat the floor badly because they do not understand. They will never understand by just going to more shows or dance classes where they do not learn the codigos.
Anyone taking a visitor to the milongas needs to explain what is happening and how they should act. Unfortunately very few tango teachers take the time to explain the codigos or why they need to clear the floor after a dance, this is not just visitors I have seen locals who dance through the cortina.
Let us not fall out because from the tone of your reply I think we want the same thing, we just have a different way of achieving it.

Back