Tapeworm!

Headlice is very common in primary schools and its nothing to be worried or ashamed of and certainly isn't a measure of how dirty somewhere is. I've had headlice from children at school, and I'm definately more of the clean variety, lets not blow this out of proportion as usual.

NoseyParker said:
lets not blow this out of proportion as usual.

I've concluded that "blowing things out of proportion" is a characteristic of almost every thread that appears on here commenting on this that or the other in Buenos Aires. Such is an observable fact. As if there was any doubt!

What I'm unclear about is why?

Is it because:

1. BsAs is such a pressure cooker place and natives here have an extraordinary low flash point so Ex Pats soon pick up by osmosis that way of dealing with life's mundane little problems?

2. ex-pats just love to whinge and take a delight in finding any excuse to exaggerate because they get homesick and like to share their misery?

3. disguised racism from the anglosphere against the hispanosphere?

4. boards such as this allow people to adopt a different and alien new persona very different from their normal well balanced psyche?

5. attention seeking playground behaviour?

6 it will take just one more cacerolazo and Palermo will implode up it's own rear orifice?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_cacerolazo_in_Argentina

I totally agree with you. Based on the hundreds of posts I've read from people who've knowingly contracted pinworm, the eggs are everywhere including airborne and basically indestructible. Wash your hands often and long enough to sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, keep nails short, wash bedding and towels frequently and try to eat a low sugar diet. That's about all you can do. Unfortunately beer turns to sugar!

Gross indeed. I'm taking 4 showers a day at this point.

The truth is despite all the perceived hyperbole here that there is a higher incidence of these infestations in Argentina, though I don't think panic is warranted. I didn't intend to start a panic, just to try and help someone else avoid what I'm now dealing with.

Good luck guys.

How awful, a true aporkalypse! No wonder my mother was always going on about the horrors of eating undercooked pork anywhere. I hope you get it cleared up and soon. Bleccchhhh!

Back