Tarrifs and Taxes.

donquixote

Registered
While living in BsAs. I had the opportunity to compare prices on a varity of good. I found that in Argentina manufactured goods are much more expensive then in the U.S. As an example, my land lady insisted I buy her a new micro-wave oven. (I burned some food and there was a burned smell). even though it was probably 5 yrs old. We went online to Garbardinos and sure enough a bottom of the line was $320 pesos, around $108.00 US. I checked out the prices for a small Micro at Wal-Mart here in the U.S and the price was $47.00 US.
What are the tarrifs and value added taxes attached to manufactured good in Argentina.

"donquixote" said:
While living in BsAs. I had the opportunity to compare prices on a varity of good. I found that in Argentina manufactured goods are much more expensive then in the U.S. As an example, my land lady insisted I buy her a new micro-wave oven. (I burned some food and there was a burned smell). even though it was probably 5 yrs old. We went online to Garbardinos and sure enough a bottom of the line was $320 pesos, around $108.00 US. I checked out the prices for a small Micro at Wal-Mart here in the U.S and the price was $47.00 US.
What are the tarrifs and value added taxes attached to manufactured good in Argentina.
Taxes are 21% plus duties, and FYI, electronics carry about 30-40% premium over what it costs in the US due to the high customs tax. If you're talking about domesticated goods, things that says "Industria Argentina" not "Hecho en China" then you will find it to be a lot more reasonably priced items. The high costs are mainly with electronics due to the fact that it goes through distribution warehouses in the US before it gets sent throughout the Americas, therefore there is already an "value added tax" before it even arrives here. Keep in mind that every time goods change hands from one country to another, tariffs has to be paid.

Back