Taxes on Computer Shipped from USA

cafeamericano

Registered
Hello Everyone,
I'm arriving in BA in 2 weeks. I had some bad luck with my laptop HP Spectre 360x and cracked the screen. I'm trying to get it fixed before I leave, but the part is apparently on back order and may not arrive in time. If it's not ready before I leave, I was hoping to have some family ship it to me through FedEx. Two questions: How likely is it that it will actually arrive? Will I have to pay taxes on it? I've owned it for about 2 years, but I don't know that I have a receipt proving this. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Buy a new computer now and bring it with you, otherwise as the man says "Your life will become a living hell"
If you think that is too expensive an option, then you have no idea what Argentine customs can do to you.

Good chance it will just get lost in the back pack of someone working in customs while you get tied up in the system. But I have heard this sites works and they handle everything effectively. And you can get some great prices when things are sale etc.

https://tiendamia.com/ar/

Thanks for the responses guys. What's the likelihood of me being able to get my laptop fixed in Argentina? Full screen replacement. Anyone have any recommendations for computer repair?

Thanks for the responses guys. What's the likelihood of me being able to get my laptop fixed in Argentina? Full screen replacement. Anyone have any recommendations for computer repair?

I just spoke with my computer genius and he asked if you can, upload a photo of the screen and the details of the laptop (on the bottom) or at least provide as much info about the unit as possible.

He already sent a message to his parts supplier but the additional info would be helpful to be sure the exact replacement screen is available in Argentina.

Got the photos with the desired information and sent them to my CG. He has already forwarded them to his supplier and we should have an answer in the morning.

Back