Taxi Shootout In Boedo, Two Killed

garryl

Registered
http://buenosairesherald.com/article/209727/two-killed-in-boedo-taxi-shootout

Lucky taxi driver. I am happy, he escaped he unhurt. I have a soft corner for the cabbies here.

you do, Ceviche? hmmmm can't imagine why???

Its because I am a world traveler. And my experience with BA cab drivers versus cab drivers of rest of the world has been the best. On a daily basis, I use 2-3 cabs in BA and for every 20 cabs I use, maybe one of the guys is a idiot. Rest mostly great guys. Have awesome conversations with them. Lot of them are old drivers...driving here for 20 years or more.

And the icing on the cake? None of them expect a tip which IMHO, is the worst thing in the first world, where the idiot cab drivers expect a tip over and above the high fare for driving from point A to point B.

Its because I am a world traveler. And my experience with BA cab drivers versus cab drivers of rest of the world has been the best. On a daily basis, I use 2-3 cabs in BA and for every 20 cabs I use, maybe one of the guys is a idiot. Rest mostly great guys. Have awesome conversations with them. Lot of them are old drivers...driving here for 20 years or more.

And the icing on the cake? None of them expect a tip which IMHO, is the worst thing in the first world, where the idiot cab drivers expect a tip over and above the high fare for driving from point A to point B.

Funny, I loathe the taxi drivers here. Shows its all about opinions and experiences. I find their lack of knowledge of the streets in the city infuriating. Anywhere beyond the center and 80% of the time I have to tell them where to go. More than once I have had to tell the driver where Velez Sarsfield's stadium is, the very stadium that holds numerous major music events at national and international level. I am pretty used to taxing in London, where you just say the place and are taken there without a fuss.

Beyond London, I am fairly well-travelled myself and have found BA taxi operatives to be among the worst. I am in no way doubting your experiences, just pointing out there are two sides to every story.

I admit the taxi drivers are better than the remise drivers, who are just a complete joke. However, I know it is a thankless job anyway and sort of off topic, so carry on.

Back