Taxis outside of Capital

cassiem13

Registered
Early tomorrow morning I need to catch a cab up to Olivos, and I was wondering about getting taxis out of Capital proper (I know there are certain rules/things to consider). I'd like to call one ahead of time, can I just call any radio taxi? Does anyone have a number? I live in Almagro, if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

You can call a radio taxi or a remise. I use radiotaxis from Capital Federal to go to Gran Buenos Aires. You can call Radiotaxi Premium 5238 0000, 4374 6666, Radiotaxi Ciudad, 4923 7007, or New Taxi, 4551-1110. The base of Premium and Ciudad are closer to Almagro.

most Buenos Aires taxis have a notice on the back of the front seats saying something to the effect of:

Trip outside the Capital limits:
You agree to pay the cost of the return journey to the capital limit or
You negotiate the rate before starting the journey

yeah, i knew there was something like that. Also, just found out there will be 5 of us (passengers). Anyone know if cabs that big exist here? I've never seen them...

jez said:
most Buenos Aires taxis have a notice on the back of the front seats saying something to the effect of:

Trip outside the Capital limits:
You agree to pay the cost of the return journey to the capital limit or
You negotiate the rate before starting the journey
I took a black and yellow cab home in the early hours of Sunday morning:confused: medio borracho...He tried to charge me 45 pesos more for the "out of capital" fee:mad:..I gave him a 100 note form the fare,and he tried the old exchange trick."you gave me two pesos ,not 100",after he expertly changed it out of my view.Unbeknown to him I had noted the last 3 digits of my note(as I always do) and got him hook,line and sinker..He apologised,eventually,and let me off the 45 pesos charge:cool:

my point being...beware of this type of scam..IT IS VERY COMMON HERE...suerte,Howard;)

I just flagged on on the street last time and asked him if he'd take me to martinez. He said sure, and I asked about a fee he said no problem and I went.

Sometimes you have to stop one or two but usually its not a problem.

HowardinBA said:
I took a black and yellow cab home in the early hours of Sunday morning:confused: medio borracho...He tried to charge me 45 pesos more for the "out of capital" fee:mad:..I gave him a 100 note form the fare,and he tried the old exchange trick."you gave me two pesos ,not 100",after he expertly changed it out of my view.Unbeknown to him I had noted the last 3 digits of my note(as I always do) and got him hook,line and sinker..He apologised,eventually,and let me off the 45 pesos charge:cool:

my point being...beware of this type of scam..IT IS VERY COMMON HERE...suerte,Howard;)

happened to me once as well

The yellow and black taxis have a note saying that there is resolution they can only bring four people in the car, and this includes the taxi driver.

Back