Taxis to EZE the 25th

JPD

Registered
Hey people, I have a flight to NYC the 25th of December. I read somewhere that the entire city stops the 24th and 25th, while other people (amongs them some local cab drivers told me that everything runs besides commerce). Do you think it will be a problem getting a cab from the center to EZE the 25th? And what good reliable cab companies are out there that runs an aiport service. Taking a normal city cab is way too expensive, but will of course be an option if I run out of others.

You will probably have problems finding a taxi or remis, but I'm not sure. I know Christmas Eve for 100% sure that you have to book in advance to get anywhere that night to eat - I was caught out in 2007 getting a dinner because I didn't realize how bad it was. There were zero taxis available just for hailing and those that were running, I found out, had been booked in advance. I ended up having to walk back with my party to Recoleta from Puerta Madera that night.

The busses are probably running, but I don't know if you'd want to take a bus to the airport. I know people who do, but I don't like busses so I can't answer that.

What time do you have to be at the airport? very early in the morning until noon you should get cabs, late afternoon and evening too, the main problem on the 25th is usually lunch time and until 6 or 7pm. On the 24th, late afternoon and until 9 am on the 25th it is difficult...I always use Radio Taxi Alo, 48571111, but during the peak hours on the 24th and 25th they will not take a reserve, so plan ahead!

The departure is 18:50, but i wouldn't mind spending some extra time in the airport as long as i get there in time :) Im planning to leave the city around 12:00 which i hope will give me enough time.

JPD said:
The departure is 18:50, but i wouldn't mind spending some extra time in the airport as long as i get there in time :) Im planning to leave the city around 12:00 which i hope will give me enough time.

Well, on the 25th by midday it will be difficult but not impossible, good luck!

Back