Taxis to go up 26% in November

DontMindMe

Registered
Not a surprise, really, but it is unfortunate. If you are on a low budget, taxis are already quite expensive. On the bright side, this could mean that more normal people (non paco smokers and other regular Joes) will be taking buses later at night. There's nothing sketchier than a 3-6 a.m. colectivo...

From Clarin:

Desde noviembre aumentará la tarifa de los taxis un 26%. Así se estipuló en el Boletín Oficial de la ciudad de Buenos Aires con la firma del jefe de Gobierno porteño, Mauricio Macri.

Este incremento –que regirá tanto para los viajes diurnos como para los nocturnos- será evaluado en una audiencia pública a realizarse en el mes de octubre. Pero la misma no tiene carácter vinculante, por lo que las tarifas se modificarán desde noviembre.

Según consigna hoy el diario La Nación, la tarifa diurna pasará de costar 58 centavos a 73 centavos. Y la nocturna, de 69 a 87 centavos.

La readecuación fue solicitada por la Sociedad de Propietarios de Autos Taxis, la Asociación Taxistas de Capital y el Sindicato Conductores de Taxis.

It makes you wonder how they stay in work. I rarely take taxis anymore, who does??? And how much will the Ezeiza trip go up now...probs to $200.

People still seem to be taking taxis. A lot of people are getting 25% raises.

chris said:
People still seem to be taking taxis. A lot of people are getting 25% raises.

People say that, but none of the Argies I'm friends with are getting 25% raises and they are professionals.

And about the cab ride to EZE, that's correct 200 is the next fare from Palermo to EZE. Last week, I stuck a buddy in a cab and paid 160 to get him to EZE. And round and round we go....seems like it's the same sh!t over and over again. Nothing new...

People in unions or who work for the govt are getting substantial raises. Some professionals are not doing as well but I think most are getting fairly good raises. Most lawyers have never earned much, of course.

chris said:
People in unions or who work for the govt are getting substantial raises. Some professionals are not doing as well but I think most are getting fairly good raises. Most lawyers have never earned much, of course.

Funny thing is the professionals are the ones that went to school for longer durations, yet the porteros, subte workers, and bus drivers are the ones that are making the best money and getting the highest pay increases. Makes the kids want to aspire to become garbage collectors rather than doctors.

Again, nothing new, same ol same ol life down here in BA.

Back