TBA journey to hell

Davidglen77 said:
I used to ride the line that goes from Retiro to Belgrano C about 5 years ago and it wasn't bad at all. It was so cheap too, something like $0.60 cents at the time. What has happened in these past few years that the trains have gotten so bad? I also remember the subway being a lot cleaner and more pleasant a few years back, it also seems to be quickly deteriorating. I live in the center of town, and work close enough to home to ride the bus or on a good day walk to work.

Easy response, more people work and study and more people moved to zona norte.

As long there are still level crossings you just can't produce more trains.

I think TBA is great, last train from Retiro 0.40 and first train back 5.20/5.40. Great horario and save

Napoleon said:
T It's just kind of going to crap. :(
And so goes the country. The key to infrastructure is maintenance. It doesn't matter weather it's your body or your house or your train system or your country.

Why do people continuously chant: 'You're in Argentina after all!' or words to that effect?
I've lived here for seven years which I think is long enough to have seen the good, the bad and the downright ugly which doesn't mean we are unable to question why basic infrastructure has deteriorated so badly.
The trains are little more than cattle trucks.
Now it's YPF para todos, which comes conveniently after futbol para todos.
How about 'safe and civilised transport para todos'?
And yes I do have a choice; I don't have to take that journey to hell everyday unlike the other poor souls who rely on it.
I feel safer on my bicycle quite frankly.

I was wondering what the proposed future funding arrangements for the subte are ? Leaving the TBA aside. If the Subte is now under Macri's city govt control, is Macri free to seek 3rd party investors? Is he reliant on the crumbs CKF and co toss to him ?

Unfortunately come Sept I'll be looking at a commute from Belgrano to an office near puerto madero. No idea yet what that will entail, but i do have a selfish interest in public transport !

Gringoboy said:
Why do people continuously chant: 'You're in Argentina after all!' or words to that effect?
I've lived here for seven years which I think is long enough to have seen the good, the bad and the downright ugly which doesn't mean we are unable to question why basic infrastructure has deteriorated so badly.
And yes I do have a choice; I don't have to take that journey to hell everyday unlike the other poor souls who rely on it.

You pay for what you get, what you want would cost atleast 10 to 15 times more.

And you know as well Argentines wouldnt even pay 1 peso more for a better service, so they are stuck with the service they pay for

Gringoboy said:
That looks like a motorcycle to me.

Either or really.
My love affair with four wheels ended when I arrived here. lol

Back