Teaching Position- Esl Qualified & Experienced Teacher

jsberger

Registered
Hello there!

I am from the US and currently live in Chicago, but I am looking forward to moving down to Argentina in August to teach. I have my Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education and a Master's in Teaching English as a Second Language. I also have four years of teaching experience in an ESL classroom. Does anyone know of positions available or recruiters that may be helpful?

Thank you!
Jenny

I saw a bunch of ads on the Sunday newspapers (La nacion, Clarin) looking for ESL teachers but school starts in March, so in August you'd have to look for language schools instead of bilingual schools. Usually, if you are not legally entitled to work here, no school will hire you. Few sponsor, but you'd better arrange for this in advance.

Hello there!

I am from the US and currently live in Chicago, but I am looking forward to moving down to Argentina in August to teach. I have my Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education and a Master's in Teaching English as a Second Language. I also have four years of teaching experience in an ESL classroom. Does anyone know of positions available or recruiters that may be helpful?

Thank you!
Jenny

Jenny, you will have no problem. I suggest applying to a school called Lincoln. There are only two institutes that specialize in American English that I am aware of. (I know because I'm trying to do the exact same thing) The rest is British English.

When you share that you are A) a native and B ) you have licenciatura en educación y una maestría, I have no doubt you will get an offer or several calls almost immediately. Additionally, there are a lot of opportunities for teaching English for companies and for giving private lessons. How is your Spanish? If you are fluent, you will be even better off! :)

Best thing to do when you get here is to leave your CV everywhere, have a conversation with the person you leave it with and make connections.

would any of these schools wish to have a Math teacher..... not really looking for money but only to be in front of younger people once again... i use to teach for many years prior to working for the USA New York Stock Exchange... which changed my direction in life... now happily retired with time on my hands ... so if I can contribute to educating other young people I would be happy to do so too. if anyone has some thoughts please pass them along to me too.. thank you all very much too. walter

Back