Teatro Colon

tangodancer

Registered
Hi, my husband and I are going to B.A. in February 2011 and we want to attend a performance at The Teatro Colon. Has it re-opened/still opened?
Does anyone know their schedule for 2011? If no schedule, does anyone know it they are open for tours?

The schedule for 2011 hadnt been published yet. The season starts usually in April.

Sadly, they are not open for tours.

I doubt that there will be any performances as early as February. Check the website when it is updated.

I tried to see about some ballet performances there late last year....but when I went to look at the website many of the performances had been canceled. Some dancers from ABT were supposed to perform La Bayadere & Le Corsaire (Paloma Herrera <3 !!!). But a message said the Teatro Colon dancers were not able to learn the choreography in time or sth...??? I thought that was weird, and perhaps the real reason is financial? But who knows...
Keep an eye on the website and I would suggest you actually telephone about specific performances on specific dates. Not sure what kind of perfs you want to see though.
Anyway, if you click on the banner 'Reintegro de Funciones Suspendidas' under El Corsario y La Bayadera you will see what the reason supposedly is:
http://www.teatrocolon.org.ar/index.php?id=ballet

They are having labor problems -- something that happens all the time at the Colon. The theatre is run by the city and it is an administrative mess. The Macri people are not interested in culture. They'd be happy to see CATS performed there if it could turn a profit.

sergio said:
They are having labor problems -- something that happens all the time at the Colon. The theatre is run by the city and it is an administrative mess. The Macri people are not interested in culture. They'd be happy to see CATS performed there if it could turn a profit.

Ah thank you, I didn't know it was on ongoing problem. They had such an opportunity to host some incredible dancers from ABT *cry* So yeah, I guess crossing your fingers is the way to go haha.

Back