Tecnopolis

marksoc

Registered
Today I was in Tecnopolis, the science fair near Balbin and General Paz Avenue. It was so much better than expected, kind of a mini EPCOT center, with train included, lots of attractions, some live shows, and absolutely FREE. I recommend everybody to go.

It is open from Wed to Sunday, in Wed and Thursday is open from 12 to 18, in Fridays later, and I think that in Sat-Sun from 10 to 22, not sure. Better not to go in the weekends, because it gets really full and you will wait a lot in line. It is a big place, impossible to see in one day. I liked the first attraction about communications (three video installations, really), and the Fuerza Bruta mini-show in the National Industry pavilion.

Interesting, I've ridden past it a couple of times on my way to and from Ezieza but haven't had time to stop. Too bad we live in Corrientes, I'd love to take the wife & kids.

Btw, I saw nothing in English, after all is a fair to show Argentineans about the advances in local science (and a very clear political leaning, of course). Still, amazing effort.

marksoc said:
Btw, I saw nothing in English, after all is a fair to show Argentineans about the advances in local science (and a very clear political leaning, of course). Still, amazing effort.
I was there yesterday. When the man handing out 3D glasses for a film we were going to see noticed that we didn't speak Spanish too well, he pointed us out to a woman doing demonstrations...who was able to give us the tent's tour in English. I thought that was rather nice and, to be honest, unexpected.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
EMI_CHEF Expat Life 4
EMI_CHEF Expat Life 9
Back