Temporary Luggage Storage

jazzyj

Registered
Does anyone have any suggestions for very secure, short-term (about 2 weeks) luggage storage in BA while a few friends and I head down south to hike? Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

There used to a be a group called "South American Explorers" that had a "Clubhouse". If you became a member, you could store your bags there while you traveled around. I'm not sure if they even exist here anymore. After googling it, my gut says "No".

http://www.saexplorers.org/clubhouse/buenos-aires-clubhouse

Also, I stayed in a International Hostel (IH) on Libertad between Arenales & Juncal back in 2007. I was supposed to be there for a day or two but it ended up being WAY LONGER than that. But at the end of my stay, I traveled up north to Rosario, Tucuman, Salta, & Jujuy before returning about 10 days later. They have a massive caged area in the main room where they kept a bag or two of mine while I made this trip.

http://www.hihostels.com/dba/hostels-buenos-aires---hi-recoleta-hostel-002050.en.htm

Remember, this was 6 1/2 years ago, I don't know if things have changed or not.

dont airports have lockers you can rent? if not, i suggest you find an expat willing to store your locked luggage for a reasonable fee. Sounds a little risky though. for both parties. you could have kilos of cocaine or body parts in your luggage. they could also steal your stuff. maybe check with a hotel to see if they offer this service?

dont airports have lockers you can rent? if not, i suggest you find an expat willing to store your locked luggage for a reasonable fee. Sounds a little risky though. for both parties. you could have kilos of cocaine or body parts in your luggage...

As long as you don't have any Apple products, the local/national authorities won care.

hmmm, any thoughts on the security of renting a storage facility?

and what's up with apple products??

hmmm, any thoughts on the security of renting a storage facility?

and what's up with apple products??

I've rented a storage area for AR$380/month (más o menos).

The edge of Chacarita, right up the Subte B line.

Guarda Fraga: 15 4473 7214

Fraga 1861‎
C.A.B.A.
Buenos Aires
Argentina

Back