Ten-Month Return Air Ticket To B.a. // 90-Day Visa

popotla

Registered
My wife is in the process of buying a Seoul-BA -Seoul ten-month return air ticket. I will meet her in Buenos Aires. She expects to be given a 90-day tourist visa but is being told by the travel agent in Seoul that with a ten-month ticket but 90-day visa limit she risks being refused permission to board in Seoul.

With regard to, say, an onward ticket that is dated before the expiry of her 90 days' tourist visa, I've read on this forum that there's no legal requirement to have an onward AIR ticket out of Argentina, that an onward transportation ticket of any kind will suffice.

It seems silly to me that with a 10-month return ticket, she might not be allowed to board, but how it seems to me is beside the point. Do you have any views on this, please? Would it be a wise precaution to buy a ticket out of Argentina for her, one that is dated before her 90 days expires? A ticket to Colonia, for example?

It would be wise, and in my opinion recommendable (I came on a single-way ticket + ticket to Colonia), but it is hard to guess what your flight attendant/check-in attendant will think about your 10-months ticket. For the price of a Colonia ticket, I would buy it. Worst thing you throw it away, or you can take a daily trip to Colonia historical center and back (I did that way and I am happy I did, it is very nice!)

Yes, it sounds like a good idea, and it is less than 100 usd anyway.

My wife is in the process of buying a Seoul-BA -Seoul ten-month return air ticket. I will meet her in Buenos Aires. She expects to be given a 90-day tourist visa but is being told by the travel agent in Seoul that with a ten-month ticket but 90-day visa limit she risks being refused permission to board in Seoul.

With regard to, say, an onward ticket that is dated before the expiry of her 90 days' tourist visa, I've read on this forum that there's no legal requirement to have an onward AIR ticket out of Argentina, that an onward transportation ticket of any kind will suffice.

It seems silly to me that with a 10-month return ticket, she might not be allowed to board, but how it seems to me is beside the point. Do you have any views on this, please? Would it be a wise precaution to buy a ticket out of Argentina for her, one that is dated before her 90 days expires? A ticket to Colonia, for example?

Buy a multi journey ticket to Montevideo & Rio de Janiero ( departure Argentina after 88 days from day of arrival in Argentina to Montevideo and departure from Moontevideo to rio after another 88 days) on Orbitz just few hours, before departure Seoul.

Show the ticket number to the boarding clerk and tell her..you may be in in Argentina for 3 months and then in Uruguay for 3 months and before going to Uruguay, you would be purchasing another ticket for Brazil outbound from uruguay and finally returning to BA to take a return flight.

After she has boarded the plane in Seoul, you can return the ticket back to Orbitz ( in less than 24 hours from the time of purchase) and get a full refund.

Can you really get an itinerary from Orbitz without paying anything? There have been horror stories on here from people buying 'refundable' airplane tickets that they cancel and then cannot get refunds on.

Lucha, the horror stories were with LAN...orbitz and expedia both give 100% refunds if you cancel within 24 hours, for ANY reason.

Can you really get an itinerary from Orbitz without paying anything? There have been horror stories on here from people buying 'refundable' airplane tickets that they cancel and then cannot get refunds on.

wrong

You pay first and you get a confirmed ticket with a ticket number and record locator.

Then you cancel in less than 24 hours..and money back ( 100%) in your account in 7 days or less..

But in that 24 hour period you use that confirmed ticket at the boarding gate.

In Portugal you could go to any travel agent before you leave and get them to reserve you a ticket and print it off as confirmed.
You don't pay. You just tell them to cancel the reservation the next day. They do it all the time over there to process visas etc when you need to prove you have an outbound ticket for example. They know the game and do it free of charge which I thought was nice.

In Portugal you could go to any travel agent before you leave and get them to reserve you a ticket and print it off as confirmed.
You don't pay. You just tell them to cancel the reservation the next day. They do it all the time over there to process visas etc when you need to prove you have an outbound ticket for example. They know the game and do it free of charge which I thought was nice.

Those tickets are 'dummy tickets" or itineraries, and if some smart ass travel agent tries to confirm its anscedants, it will be proved it was not a real ticket.

It's not only done in Portugal. There are a lot of cases in a lot of countries where a confirmed reservation is enough, they don't require an actual ticket.

Back