Tennis clubs

chris_beggs

Registered
Hi there,

I have just got to BA and am hoping to join a tennis club. I am living in Chacarita and would ideally not want to travel more than half an hour to get to a club - if possible nothing too expensive!! Fussy I know!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thank

Hi Chris,

I´ve been living in BA for 2 years, and I´ve played for most of my life. Tennis in BA is a bit different. There are no free public courts. You can find a court to rent in most parts of the city; the better clubs are in the Palermo, Belgrano area. Most of these are super expensive, anywhere from 200 to 400 pesos per month. But if you´re looking to join a gym, they´re great and offer everything you can want. If you don´t want to become a member, you can rent the court per hour (usually from 90 to 150 pesos....soooo expensive!) There´s one city-owned court in Palermo called KDT; it goes for 25 pesos an hour, but you need to reserve a court at least 2 days in advance and the courts are not in the best conditions. You can easily find a court in your area by just googling canchas de tenis + the neighborhood.

I played a lot last year and have a handful of contacts from which to play with. I have always wanted to set up a regular doubles game. Let me know if you´re interest.

Welcome to BA!
Dee

Hey Chris,

Yeah, playing tennis is not easy to do here and is, indeed, on the pricey side. Most of the best places to play are the clubs in Palermo and Belgrano (Vilas club, BA Lawn tennis club, etc.) but they have initiation fees an pretty high monthly charges so unless you're going to be here a long time an have some money to spend then these aren't for you. I've played at this one place on Galvan in Villa Urquiza called El Clu and it is a really nice place with good clay courts (+ 1 nice hard court) and no fees to join. Hourly rates for the court are between 80 and 120 pesos an hour so it's not cheap either but at least there are no commitments to paying if you don't play.

Btw, I'm a high level player (college player 20 + years ago) and if you are as well PM me and we can try to play at some point.

Regardless, good luck and welcome to BA!

Hi Both,

Thank you both so much for your advise. I have sent you both PM to hopefully try to organise a game sometime! I am really keen!

Many thanks,

Chris

Back