thai cury pasta

katti

Registered
I would like to buy red thai cury pasta, does anyone know where? preferably in Recoleta or near, but if not, please provide complete adress as I would have to drive and try not to get lost :(

You have to go to barrio chino. It's easy to get to and lots of colectivos go so no need to drive. Both of these places sell it:

Casa China, Mendoza 1700 (cross street Arribeños)
Asia Oriental, Mendoza 1655 (cross street Arribeños)

Ask for "pasta de curry rojo" (pronounced coohree here), it comes in a little tub.

In China Town, the thai curry and other product related to thai cooking are very expensive. check out this website on amazon, you can find anything there at a much cheaper price, good luck, this website doesn't allow me to post it so, you just use amazon and then type thai curry.
nik

Amazon shipments wont make it here or if it does you have to go to the post office (big hassle) and also pay 50% customs on the value

I can recommend a dutch guy who lived for many years in Thailand. Now he is living here and cooks very well. He is Kor and his phone number is 4863-2879.

EliA said:
You have to go to barrio chino. It's easy to get to and lots of colectivos go so no need to drive. Both of these places sell it:

Casa China, Mendoza 1700 (cross street Arribeños)
Asia Oriental, Mendoza 1655 (cross street Arribeños)

Ask for "pasta de curry rojo" (pronounced coohree here), it comes in a little tub.

This also comes in Plastic Pouches that are see-through. You'll see them in Asia Oriental in the first section of the aisle to the right of the aisle where you walk in. Near the back of the first section on the right.

And I LOVE Katti's Engrish!! :p

I bought one of the red curry paste pouches, added beef strips,coconut milk some chopped onions and a lone Jalapeño chili I had left over and indeed a very authentic outcome.
I bought a no name rice to go with it, basically just looking for the finest grain and it was excellent. Highly recommended !
Curry paste and coconut milk 21 pesos
Entertainment value for my Argentine partner watching me go redder and redder : Priceless

Back