The Argentine Economy Is Better Than Canada And Australia

Perhaps she thinks that because things like food, telecommunications, petrol, appliances and shampoo cost more in B.A. than they do in Sydney it means that the economies must be comparable? Does this mean no one will starve to death this year? Perhaps i should go and buy a gold watch to wear in the street now i have received this great news :).

For SLeslie23, regarding Montevideo. I have spent a lot of time in Montevideo and I am completely at home there. I like it. It is a lot more honest than Argentina, if that means anything. I have seen an unattended grocery cart with a purse in it and a truck sitting at the curb with engine running and no one in it. I don't think you'd ever do that in Buenos Aires.

However, last time I was there two different woman told me things are changing and to watch my purse. When I was there before I could always tell the visiting Argentina woman, with the purse strap across their backs and the purse riding in the front as they walked, whereas you would see Uruguayan women with purse flying anywhere--except in the Old City where you had to be more careful. It was interesting to observe. So things are changing but it is still a good place, I think. But it is not electric like Argentina. It is very laid back and unexciting. So it depends on what you like. My son isn't crazy about Uruguay. He likes Argentina. So . . . to each his own. Also I have asked several people in Uruguay businesses who lived in Argentina for many years--which country do you like best. Every single one has said, for the money, I like Argentina; for the lifestyle--Uruguay. Don't know if any of that is helpful. Good luck! You can have fun anywhere, I think, and you will.

For SLeslie23, regarding Montevideo. I have spent a lot of time in Montevideo and I am completely at home there. I like it. It is a lot more honest than Argentina, if that means anything. I have seen an unattended grocery cart with a purse in it and a truck sitting at the curb with engine running and no one in it. I don't think you'd ever do that in Buenos Aires.

However, last time I was there two different woman told me things are changing and to watch my purse. When I was there before I could always tell the visiting Argentina woman, with the purse strap across their backs and the purse riding in the front as they walked, whereas you would see Uruguayan women with purse flying anywhere--except in the Old City where you had to be more careful. It was interesting to observe. So things are changing but it is still a good place, I think. But it is not electric like Argentina. It is very laid back and unexciting. So it depends on what you like. My son isn't crazy about Uruguay. He likes Argentina. So . . . to each his own. Also I have asked several people in Uruguay businesses who lived in Argentina for many years--which country do you like best. Every single one has said, for the money, I like Argentina; for the lifestyle--Uruguay. Don't know if any of that is helpful. Good luck! You can have fun anywhere, I think, and you will.

I enjoy Montevideo, but still find Buenos Aires more interesting.

I left Canada to come here to be honest. Canada isn't that great of a place, although it is 10x more economically stable.

As for Australia, she's full of it. I'd say about now it's likely the best place to raise a family, work a minimum wage job, or live downtown
a major city (minus the spiders/crocodiles/snakes/Abbott)

Back