The Argentine Quilt Theory.

UK Man, I'm new to this forum so please forgive my ignorance of the topic of cost of living. From what I keep reading the COL in BA is quite a bit lower than here in NYC. I saw your post where you say the cost of a loaf of sliced bread in BA is three times the cost of the UK. Then I saw an ad on this forum offering a very beautiful furnished apartment in a good neighborhood for US$1200 a month, all inclusive. I'm confused because here in NYC that apartment in a comparable neighborhood would cost US$3 to $4 thousand a month, maybe more.

Eliminate the middlemen.... In San Fernando, a group of neighbors regularly charter a bus to go shopping at the Mercado Central, where prices are half of what local stores charge. Small wonder, as produce goes through two distributors before reaching the neighborhood verduleria.

a) on the brink.
Way to go! BA needs more people like you and your neighbors.My sister and neighbors who live in the West Village ,NYC used to do te same thing going to the Bronx Cental Market.
B) ElenaNuevaYork .
Right you are. I am a native New Yorker.The app't that you see for rent in Recoleta---a neighborhood similar to the Upper East Side say 2nd Ave & E.70 St.---would run you USD 4K easily.My sister lives on W,4 St. in the West Village and pays USD 2K
Rents are still less expensive here than NYC because salaries are considerably lower in USD terms.Supermarket prices are a little less.Eating out is markedly less than NYC.
c) RodolfoWalsh: Are you from NYC ? There most certainly are "comparable neighborhoods"

Back