The best way to get to colonia

Neil Logan

Registered
Hi People
Today is a sad day for me,arriving back in December With working in a true Argentine Butchery my dream,to find that this was not possible even after all attempts at gaining employment with my skills and knowledge I have failed.
Money now running low I have my ticket back to Scotland at the end of March.
Now the dilema !!!!
I will be over the 90 day limit by then !!
Looking to get to Colonia before March 2nd
Am reading forums saying only $50 fine at airport
Doing my math Mar del Plata to Colonia travel will cost me $400 all in all
CAN I JUST PAY FINE ON LEAVING ??

OR WHAT IS THE CHEAPEST WAY TO GET TO URAGUAY TO GET PASSPORT STAMPED??

ANY ADVICE WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED

Neil Logan said:
Hi People
Today is a sad day for me,arriving back in December With working in a true Argentine Butchery my dream,to find that this was not possible even after all attempts at gaining employment with my skills and knowledge I have failed.
Money now running low I have my ticket back to Scotland at the end of March.
Now the dilema !!!!
I will be over the 90 day limit by then !!
Looking to get to Colonia before March 2nd
Am reading forums saying only $50 fine at airport
Doing my math Mar del Plata to Colonia travel will cost me $400 all in all
CAN I JUST PAY FINE ON LEAVING ??

OR WHAT IS THE CHEAPEST WAY TO GET TO URAGUAY TO GET PASSPORT STAMPED??
ANY ADVICE WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED

Neil, Please don't go to Colonia to renew your visa. You can do it here!

You only have to go to the office of migraciones on Antardida and pay $100 pesos to get 90 more days.

If you have any questions, just post them here.

Neil, I m so sorry to hear you couldn´t make your dream come true here :( My father with one of his brothers used to own a butcher store many years ago, it is almost an art for some. Talking about Migrations, I know there is an office in MAr del Plata, why don´t you go there and see if you can get your passport stamped? Here are the details:

Delegación: MAR DEL PLATA Responsable: A/C Dr. Fernando Scarpati Asiento: Mar del Plata (Buenos Aires) Domicilio: Rivadavia N° 3820 Teléfono y Fax: 0223-4946626 / 4924271 Horario: 08:00 a 14:00 Hs. Correo Electrónico: [email protected]
Hope it helps
nik

If you are in Capital (BA). you can go to the office of migraciones on Antardida to get the additional 90 days. If you have any concerns, please send me a PM.

I will have a bit more money to enjoy this fasinating place till end of March Thanks to you.I wish I could stay longer but I have come to the end of my "travels"I think.
Back to Scotland for me!
If you are ever in the region give me a call
Will pm my email
Again thanks
Neil

Yes, I renewed my visa at migration (BA) on Thursday. Simple process just brig photocopies of your passport and visa page, ignore information and walk around the back. A woman will direct you where to go. Took about an hour and cost $100.

Thanks SO much for the info.

It was easy, wasn't it?

(They didn't ask any questions, did they?)

Back