The city has just declared a Sanitary Emergency

Is it true that the new Harry Potter movie opening has been posponed because of stupid swine flu. It was meant to be released today (16th) but isnt on anywhere. I heard maybe they changed the release date to the 23rd (as if the swine flu problem will be over by then). Now im sure swine flu is very important and all the poor little kiddies with their weak immune systems shouldnt gather together excitedly breathing on each other, but what about us adults with strong healthly immune systems, must we be punished?
Does anyone know more about this?

tangobob said:
Who are "they" are they the same "they that said millions would die of aids? so far the UK death toll from Aids is 140.
I agree with Pericles, the biggest danger to life and health in Argentina is still Traffic.
Good diet frequent hand washing and good general hygene are the best ways to avoid infection. Rest and rapid treatment the best way to treat it if you get it.

Sorry Tangobob I have to disagree with you about the Aids toll in the United Kingdom and the world .
Over 20 million people have died from Aids to date with over 10000 people from the United Kingdom since the Aids epidemic started.

Relatively low numbers of people in the UK have died from AIDS in recent years thanks to the availability of HAART (Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy), which dramatically increases the life expectancy of people living with HIV. In 2007, around 540 HIV-infected persons died, compared to 1,726 in 1995, when antiretroviral treatment for HIV/AIDS was not available. The majority of AIDS related deaths occurred because people were diagnosed late and therefore did not start treatment early enough. In 2007, an estimated 31% of newly diagnosed, HIV-infected adults were diagnosed late.

Aids is a very serious disease that kills millions of people a year. Countries in Africa have close to half their populations infected with the HIV virus.
AIDS deaths in 2007 Total 2.1 million [1.9–2.4 million]
Adults 1.7 million [1.6–2.1 million]

Children under 15 years 330 000 [310 000–380 000]

pericles-E said:
Sorry Tangobob I have to disagree with you about the Aids toll in the United Kingdom and the world .
Over 20 million people have died from Aids to date with over 10000 people from the United Kingdom since the Aids epidemic started.

Relatively low numbers of people in the UK have died from AIDS in recent years thanks to the availability of HAART (Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy), which dramatically increases the life expectancy of people living with HIV. In 2007, around 540 HIV-infected persons died, compared to 1,726 in 1995, when antiretroviral treatment for HIV/AIDS was not available. The majority of AIDS related deaths occurred because people were diagnosed late and therefore did not start treatment early enough. In 2007, an estimated 31% of newly diagnosed, HIV-infected adults were diagnosed late.

Aids is a very serious disease that kills millions of people a year. Countries in Africa have close to half their populations infected with the HIV virus.
AIDS deaths in 2007 Total 2.1 million [1.9–2.4 million]
Adults 1.7 million [1.6–2.1 million]

Children under 15 years 330 000 [310 000–380 000]

You are right of course, I don't know where I heard that figure. My point was not to diminish the effects of aids, only to point out the massive errors that occur when "they" estimate the effects of any disease.
An interesting "fact" from the UK aids site is that 25% of Aids cases are undiagnosed. If they are undiagnosed, then how exactly do they know.
Keep the proles scared!!

Back