The Guardian: "Bard timing: Argentinian TV reports death of Shakespeare after Covid jab"

To play devil's advocate she didn't really say much. She was yapping -- said "how do we know about him? Well from the writer W.Shakespeare, etc etc" it was just meant to draw your attention. Not sure what she said after....

Channel 26, it had to be, Omigod. La sobri de Perez seems to be gone, she graced my 50" screen for quite some time, but I see the IQ hasn't improved since she left.

How embarrassing!!!!....she tries to come across as a Shakespeare scholar. I’m a news junkie so I watch all the news channels including Canal 26. On Telecentro it’s channel 13. Bill Shakespeare, the Covid patient in the video bears a slight resemblance to the old bard. Hahaha.... No excuses though.

Last edited:
i wonder if she truly believed she was bringing news of an epic global sadness

To play devil's advocate she didn't really say much. She was yapping -- said "how do we know about him? Well from the writer W.Shakespeare, etc etc" it was just meant to draw your attention. Not sure what she said after....

Huh? What's the devil's advocate part?

She said the news of the death of William Shakespeare left us all in shock because as we know he's one of the most important writers, the most referenced writers of the English language.

Well what do you expect when in the Argentina curriculum you only learn about Argentine history and the Malvinas?

Says a lot about education in Argentina, no? Actually there was (I believe she has died) a distinguished literature teacher in Argentina named Nellie Shakespeare (not sure if her surname included the final e). She was an Anglo-Argentine, a term in Argentina that refers to Argentines of British descent - often from families who emigrated in the 1800s through early 1900s. She was very well known in the Anglo-Argentine community, often gave seminars etc.

The BBC has been having a field day with it. Something to laugh about in these horrible times....The Two Gentlemen of Corona story and The Taming of the Flu. I’m sure there’s a Charles Dickens out there lining up to get his vaccine. Hahahaha.... I've been monitoring channel 26 to see if the reporter Noelia Novillo appears again but I think she got fired....”Parting is such sweet sorrow....”

Last edited:
Back