The Mule Pool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the website has a good lawyer. Given the website has a hand in the financial transaction, it seems that the website may be aiding and abetting illegal activity. As I understand it, only $300 worth of goods acquired abroad can enter Argentina without taxes. I assume that they won't be declaring new laptops and whatever else. Furthermore, the purpose of being a mule is, to some extent, "commercial," which is also illegal. So, what happens when items are taxed? Who will pay for that? Even worse, what happens if items are confiscated?

My name is Pablo, I need to send 1 kilo of flour to my old mother in Spain. It's a kind of flour that can only be found here. I'll sure browse this website to find a good willing traveller. As a bonus, a few of my cousins will help with the luggage in Madrid's airport.

Hey guys -

I work on the Mule Pool so let me declare my bias before responding ;)

We do have truly awesome lawyers, thank you for the concern! And we are very obsessive about ensuring all the laws in all jurisdictions are followed.

Very unobjectively,
morgan

This is great!

I'd love to try using this service to get artwork out the country.

Always looking for mules :)

I wonder how many transactions actually get completed for Argentina. The fee some people are willing to pay posted on the site a ridiculous low. good luck getting a "mule". Who would ever want to go trough all that trouble for nothing. an people are requesting computers and ipads... !!??

Jvanka said:
I wonder how many transactions actually get completed for Argentina. The fee some people are willing to pay posted on the site a ridiculous low. good luck getting a "mule". Who would ever want to go trough all that trouble for nothing. an people are requesting computers and ipads... !!??

Hey Jvanka -- yes, that's true and an excellent point: no one would want to mule an iPad for $5 !!! However, here's what's been happening: a lot of people have been posting with high/reasonable fees -- but Mules have been snapping those items up within moments! Therefore, the ones left listed on the site are only the ones with low commissions. This is a (minor) problem that we haven't yet figured out how to solve...

morgan

I mean lets face it right. The process of bringing goods into this very difficult country is made easier in orders of magnitude by mules. I went to pick up a package from EZE sent via FedEx and all it had was a zippo lighter, a cd, some candy and some tea in it. My tax was 50$ and it cost my 120$ in transportation and another 50$ for "storage". Mule pool is awesome actually. Anytime bureaucracy can be circumvented through legal means it's a win. And Mule Pool is "winning". I love Argentina, but I love it more when I can acquire quality goods at their intended prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
zeno Expat Life 0
M Expat Life 4
L Expat Life 1
chico Expat Life 0
ben Expat Life 8
Back