The Queen Says No To Spanish Hams, Imported Meats

You got to be kidding me..... Coto has had some excellent serrano crudo for a while all at $100/kilo less than the argentine version.

I guess I'll have to be content with the Di Parma that is 60 pesos cheaper than the Argentine crap.

Nice! Soon we will even have rationed ham (2 slices of ham per family...2 very thin slices).

PhilipDT said:
You got to be kidding me..... Coto has had some excellent serrano crudo for a while all at $100/kilo less than the argentine version.

I guess I'll have to be content with the Di Parma that is 60 pesos cheaper than the Argentine crap.

Di Parma sounds Italian. They are blocking Spanish, Italian and Brazilian ham imports...what this means is you are stuck with Argentine crap!

Yeah, apparently they have reached an agreement with their farmers to "replace" the ham that they would have to import from Spain, Italy and Brazil...

Maybe I have been in Argentina for too long and have missed out on news about technological advances that magically increase the output of ham!

nicoenarg said:
Yeah, apparently they have reached an agreement with their farmers to "replace" the ham that they would have to import from Spain, Italy and Brazil...

Maybe I have been in Argentina for too long and have missed out on news about technological advances that magically increase the output of ham!

More than one of my Spanish friends have told me that Argentine pigs are much bigger and meatier than Spanish pigs . But were they talking about the animal or something else?

I call Argentine ham "ham food." it reminds me of the cheese food in the states-a bastardization of a real food. This is sad, it's already hard to get good sandwich stuff. And I suppose the delicious little pigs they sell here will soon be gone, they will become massive adult pigs that prouce maximum bad ham.

Back