The Rise of Inflation

Redpossum

Registered

I'm trying to post this with the Google Translate included. It hasn't worked in past, but we'll see.

In any case, would this perhaps be an appropriate time to talk again about making our own bread at home? I've been doing so since the end of 2018, and with practice it's as easy as falling off a log. I go out in the kitchen, and my hands just do the work on their own, while my mind wanders away to K-k-k-katmandu!

***edit*** Yes, it worked! You will see the title in Castellano, but if you click on the link, the translated version should appear in English after a few seconds.

I'm trying to post this with the Google Translate included. It hasn't worked in past, but we'll see.

In any case, would this perhaps be an appropriate time to talk again about making our own bread at home? I've been doing so since the end of 2018, and with practice it's as easy as falling off a log. I go out in the kitchen, and my hands just do the work on their own, while my mind wanders away to K-k-k-katmandu!

***edit*** Yes, it worked! You will see the title in Castellano, but if you click on the link, the translated version should appear in English after a few seconds.
You beat the Internet :cool: I've sent translated articles before, but it hasn't been working recently, for me at least. Please leave instructions for dummies here.

Coffee in B.A. not cheap now ..

Yesterday Channel 26 showed a case of a Spanish customer in Spain cafe that was charged 2 Euros for a coffee. The average price of coffee in Spain, they mentioned, is 1 Euro which translates to $230 pesos same price as here for a Cafe en Jarrito..! , the customer called the police and the Cafe was fined 1000 Euros...!

I started making bread in the '70s when frustration with my job made me want to come home and punch and wrestle with some dough. If you want the bread without the workout, try this:

3 cups flour, 1 cup water, 1 teaspoon salt and just one-quarter teaspoon of dried yeast. Mix together then put the mixing bowl in a sealed plastic bag and leave it at room temperature for 18-24hrs

If you have a Dutch Oven or a metal casserole with a lid, preheat it in the oven. Otherwise, just use a baking tray but lightly spray the dough with water before baking.

Set the oven to a temperature slightly higher than the centre of the Sun. Gently turn the mass of dough into the pre-heated container or onto the baking tray without disturbing it more than necessary then slap it into the hot oven.

After 15 minutes turn the temperature down to 160deg C/320deg F/Gas Mark 3 for another 15 minutes. At this point turn the loaf out of the tin onto the oven rails and turn the temperature down to 140/284/Mk1 until the loaf is done which should take about another 15 minutes.

That's it!

Pagina12// right lol
Inflation => printing too much money, increasing money supply. Once inflation gets imbedded in expectations it become a self-imposing vicious cycle. It's not the empresarios' fault.

Pagina12 does raise some good points, especially regarding the lack of application of the "ley Defensa de la Competencia", the number of monopolies, duopolies etc in Argentina is something I've not encountered elsewhere.

Coffee in B.A. not cheap now ..

Yesterday Channel 26 showed a case of a Spanish customer in Spain cafe that was charged 2 Euros for a coffee. The average price of coffee in Spain, they mentioned, is 1 Euro which translates to $230 pesos same price as here for a Cafe en Jarrito..! , the customer called the police and the Cafe was fined 1000 Euros...!

I read a similar article, but the story happened in Italy, not Spain. Also the 1000 euro fine was because the price of the coffee was not on the menu, not because the coffee was more expensive than elsewhere.

I was in the US for a conference this month and I felt like I was at home in Buenos Aires listening to people complain about inflation:

womanyellingcat.jpg

Things were more expensive than the last time I visited sure, but my empathy only goes so far when US YTD inflation is what the BCRA is pitching as a "good month", and projections are putting us on track for 70% here.

Comparisons aside, I've always been bothered by poverty in Argentina and the complete apathy towards it from the Ks and JxC. Perhaps because I grew up poor and have been homeless myself, but this concern is only growing as we're approaching triple digit inflation paired with the destruction of purchasing power in pesos and dollars.

Forget economic stability and the exchange rate, you can't have social stability or "business as usual" when the minimum wage has gone from $400 a month in 2015 to $190 today, something's gotta give.

I honestly don't get mad at piqueteros unlike most people because I get it, labor has lost almost all it's dignity in Argentina, you can't even work without living in poverty, let alone grow, and the only people not underwater are the rich, and the small militant anti-K/anti-Moreno brother Trotskyite unions that have refused any contracts that don't index against inflation and won't celebrate increases less than inflation like Alberto does.

Finally, given all these things, I don't understand how Guzman and Alberto can walk by mirrors or sleep at night. How canan they look at the society they manage and say "This is okay, we're on the right path." and then wonder why everyone under 30 looks to Ezeiza.

Back