The Skeptics Burden

objectiveous

Registered
Fellow Skeptics and Cynics alike,

Let's be kind to the non skeptic, shall we? After all, it's not easy to see propaganda when you've been conditioned (intentionally or otherwise) to accept it. Let's tone down the heated rhetoric, forgo the sweeping allegations, and refrain from the dogmatic declarations.

Also, it's very easy for the Skeptic to be painted, or even slip into becoming, a Conspiracy Theorists. Sad thing, that.

Holding a minority view oftentimes means being more careful, accurate and sensitive to the majority view. For example, having once called California home, I can assure you that marijuana legalization is not coming about as a result of work from the patchouli soaked members of the Rainbow Family or their brethren at the Esalen Institute. It's coming about as a result of the careful work of straight-laced Doctors, Lawyers and politicians.

I'm doubtful that this message will have an effect on this community (I'm just not the good a writer), but I thought I might try.

Another one of your pointless threads? I hope it will get deleted like your last one.

I can assure you that marijuana legalization is not coming about as a result of work from the patchouli soaked members of the Rainbow Family or their brethren at the Esalen Institute. It's coming about as a result of the careful work of straight-laced Doctors, Lawyers and politicians.

So, you're saying?

objectiveous said:
Fellow Skeptics and Cynics alike,

Let's be kind to the non skeptic, shall we? After all, it's not easy to see propaganda when you've been conditioned (intentionally or otherwise) to accept it. Let's tone down the heated rhetoric, forgo the sweeping allegations, and refrain from the dogmatic declarations.

Also, it's very easy for the Skeptic to be painted, or even slip into becoming, a Conspiracy Theorists. Sad thing, that.

Holding a minority view oftentimes means being more careful, accurate and sensitive to the majority view. For example, having once called California home, I can assure you that marijuana legalization is not coming about as a result of work from the patchouli soaked members of the Rainbow Family or their brethren at the Esalen Institute. It's coming about as a result of the careful work of straight-laced Doctors, Lawyers and politicians.

I'm doubtful that this message will have an effect on this community (I'm just not the good a writer), but I thought I might try.

On minority views:

the strongest man in the world is the man who stands most alone
Henrik Ibsen, An Enemy of the People.

On patchouli-soaked rainbow waivers and opioid addled doctors:
My soulmate's most perfect explanation on drug legalization

Back