The Uncertain Future Of Mate?

Ok, I am really sorry to anyone who I offended. I was taken way more seriously than I intended. I was going for a humorous tone, but obviously failed and came of as inflammatory. We just get a kick out of how mate is marketed and portrayed here compared to my personal experience with it, primarily in Buenos Aires. I'm still barely fathoming all the ways I put my foot in my mouth, but in my defense, I was trying to ridicule marketing, not ethnic groups or nationalities, with the possible exception of my own.

One thing I do think is a stretch is implying that I am insulting Uruguayans simply by pointing out that Argentinians like mate, but maybe I'm not understanding that criticism either.

The other huge mistake was posting this and then forgetting to check back for over a week. Nice.

Ok, I am really sorry to anyone who I offended. I was taken way more seriously than I intended.

In fact the opposite is the case. Still you should apologize to a hybrid para+uru Guayan Jesse Jackson for your cultural appropriation.

If you think that brand of Mate is conspicuous or its mascott ambiguous check out "Club Mate".
For further fun find out how long s been popular and in existence among the hipsters of not of Santa Cruz but Montecru' ...

Ok, I am really sorry to anyone who I offended. I was taken way more seriously than I intended. I was going for a humorous tone, but obviously failed and came of as inflammatory. We just get a kick out of how mate is marketed and portrayed here compared to my personal experience with it, primarily in Buenos Aires. I'm still barely fathoming all the ways I put my foot in my mouth, but in my defense, I was trying to ridicule marketing, not ethnic groups or nationalities, with the possible exception of my own.

One thing I do think is a stretch is implying that I am insulting Uruguayans simply by pointing out that Argentinians like mate, but maybe I'm not understanding that criticism either.

The other huge mistake was posting this and then forgetting to check back for over a week. Nice.

No need to apologize. It is expected that bitter comments will pop up, regardless of the subject.

Back