The usa is 23,000,000,000 in debt and keeps adding to it. must be the art of the deal

China exports huge amount of IT infostruture to snd/3rd tier market, like Argentina, Huawei is building the entire internet solution for Argentina. And Chinese cell phone companies like ZTE and Huawei are selling Chinese phones to every market except in US (congress men backed by Apple and Cisco kicked ZTE and Huawei out for security reasons). Chinese cell phones use the exact chips (almost) as Samsung and Apple products, if US shut down the chip supplies to China, Chinese high export will tank and feel the pain. You would never know how many US companies setup offices in China, showing Chinese how to write software and design hardware, and how much capital Goldman Sachs and other other us firms moved into China in 2008 when US needed the cash most. Global economy always worked for US, except this time. Chinese learned the tricks , are now trying to compete on every field. Trump now is trying to reverse it. America now just realized the threat from China, it seems a little late, but not too late.

thanks guys, that helps. believe i saw a chart in the economist that basically stated all countries import 75% and export 25%. kinda downsizes the elephant in the room

on a final note, the U S stock market is looking like it might go for a 20% correction from DOW’s high of 26,500. trading now around 24,300 after yesterday’s 400 point drop. just when i thought the AI influence got used to trumps statements and did not react so violenty, it trending down again. just sitting the sidelines. this is starting to look like 2006. 0 down loans on houses, gas prices rising. adjustable rate mortgages are popular.

China exports huge amount of IT infostruture to snd/3rd tier market, like Argentina, Huawei is building the entire internet solution for Argentina. And Chinese cell phone companies like ZTE and Huawei are selling Chinese phones to every market except in US (congress men backed by Apple and Cisco kicked ZTE and Huawei out for security reasons). Chinese cell phones use the exact chips (almost) as Samsung and Apple products, if US shut down the chip supplies to China, Chinese high export will tank and feel the pain. You would never know how many US companies setup offices in China, showing Chinese how to write software and design hardware, and how much capital Goldman Sachs and other other us firms moved into China in 2008 when US needed the cash most. Global economy always worked for US, except this time. Chinese learned the tricks , are now trying to compete on every field. Trump now is trying to reverse it. America now just realized the threat from China, it seems a little late, but not too late.

Well there was ample grounds to shut down supply of chips to ZTE, for violating US export regulations with respect to the chips they were buying.

Instead, Trump interceded in the name of saving Chinese jobs (WTF?). And proceeded to duel with the US's truly problematic trading partner: Canada.

You literally cannot make this up.

ben, i so agree with you. told patricia, my mate for life, just eat the popcorn and watch the movie. unbelievable. i lost money on the last two republican presidents because i was not prepared. i am now. what remains to be answered is whether trumps crazy approach to standard foriegn policy has a chance of working. i think not. remember, US banks would not lend him money for his projects. he went outside the country for funding like ries pointed out. the real estate is likeable as a safe haven.

ZTE was sanctioned for doing business with i believe iran. i have built data centers so got a background. after all the security breaches, putting servers in those centers from a foriegn country poses a problem. are they programed with a back door. not smart enough to know the answer.

ben we missed it. ivanca got her 17 patients approved in china. ZTE was the pay back. could be wrong

Back