Theft from hotel rooms .

perry

Registered
Reading the thread on the Mexican ambassador on stealing a book from El Atheneo brought me to this topic as Argentinians have the dubious honour of being number one internationally from stealing from hotel rooms as guests. This to me is a very embarrassing statistic and I like to ask the argentinian people what they think of this .

Reading the thread on the Mexican ambassador on stealing a book from El Atheneo brought me to this topic as Argentinians have the dubious honour of being number one internationally from stealing from hotel rooms as guests. This to me is a very embarrassing statistic and I like to ask the argentinian people what they think of this .

well, at least this country wasn't populated by all the thieves of the UK

I take it you mean Australia? Convict ships stopped being sent to the country by the late 1860s, over the previous 80 years the amount of convicts set to Australia was less than 200,000. By 1870 (around the time convict ships stopped arriving), the population of the country was hovering around 2,000,000. So, the population was built by migration and not by the convicts. Additionally, it would have been nice for the UK's crime rate if "all the thieves of the UK" had been sent.

I take it you mean Australia? Convict ships stopped being sent to the country by the late 1860s, over the previous 80 years the amount of convicts set to Australia was less than 200,000. By 1870 (around the time convict ships stopped arriving), the population of the country was hovering around 2,000,000. So, the population was built by migration and not by the convicts. Additionally, it would have been nice for the UK's crime rate if "all the thieves of the UK" had been sent.
we have another example: Fidel Castro sending his convicts to USA.

Why not? The Gideons place Bibles in hotel rooms in over 200 countries in the world. Have you never noticed the Bible in the bedside table drawer?

Exactly, and it is clearly printed in them that they are there for the taking. You can’t steal that which is freely given.

Australia also has terrible social problems and I have talked about them constantly . Australians are the biggest drug users and gamblers in the world per capita not a nice statistic .

This topic is about Argentina and theft from hotel rooms . Lets keep on topic thank you

Is this why even the staples and paperclips are kept under lock and key in my office?

You want some sticky notes? I'm gonna need your numero de documento and then you need to go talk to three other people for clearance.

Back