Theft from hotel rooms .

well, the fact that those bibles are free of charge to hotels does not necessarily mean that they are free of charge to hotel's customers.

The fact that I obtained something for free does not grant you the right to take it from me for free.

We need to examine exact contracts on which those bibles are supplied to hotels -- it is possible that they are supplied on condition that they are free to take by customers -- OK then. But that's not necessarily the case.

well, the fact that those bibles are free of charge to hotels does not necessarily mean that they are free of charge to hotel's customers.

The fact that I obtained something for free does not grant you the right to take it from me for free.

We need to examine exact contracts on which those bibles are supplied to hotels -- it is possible that they are supplied on condition that they are free to take by customers -- OK then. But that's not necessarily the case.

1576132850519.jpeg

the page from the Bible that you quoted does not mention that it is free to take by a customer.
It mentions only that it is distributed free of charge to hotel.

It is christian spam. The entire purpose is that you read it and that can't be done in one evening.

the page from the Bible that you quoted does not mention that it is free to take by a customer.
It mentions only that it is distributed free of charge to hotel.

At this point, I can't take you seriously, and assume you're just breaking my balls. Consider the possibility that someone may simply know what they're talking about. And if you're not just messing with me, you must be hopelessly obtuse.

At this point, I can't take you seriously, and assume you're just breaking my balls. Consider the possibility that someone may simply know what they're talking about. And if you're not just messing with me, you must be hopelessly obtuse.

Until you provide us with an excerpt from contracts between hotels and supplier of bibles which explicitly mandates hotels to give away those bibles free of charge to their customers,

Until you provide us with an excerpt from contracts between hotels and supplier of bibles which explicitly mandates hotels to give away those bibles free of charge to their customers,
I doubt your going to get a contract. The bibles are supplied by Gideons. And yes, they actively encourage hotel staff to take bibles and some of them even pray for it to happen. The whole concept behind it is the distribution of the bible to as many people as possible.

Relevent excerpt including Gideon International spokesman Woody Murray:
They are spiritual staples of nearly every hotel room and the only item guests are invited to steal.

“We don’t mind that at all,” said Murray. “Our statistics show one-quarter of all travelers will read the Bible in the hotel rooms and each Bible has the potential to reach 2,300 people over its six-year life expectancy.”

So Bible theft isn’t a sin?

“Not at all,” Murray said. “We often get notes in the mail with a contribution from someone saying, ‘Sorry, I took the Bible, but it saved my life.’ Take the Bible, not the towels.”

They'll be replaced. Take the Greenbrier, a luxury resort in White Sulphur Springs, W.Va. "The Greenbrier has Gideon Bibles in every room and keeps a stack handy to replace the 25 to 50 each year that are removed by guests," said resort spokesperson Lynn Swann.

Back