Theft of Skis and other belongings

bronx_skibum

Registered
Hi, a friend of mine just spent a week skiing in Las Lenas. When he got off the bus to BA, he took a taxi to his hotel. The taxi driver claimed that his money was not real, and drove him to an ATM. While he was getting some cash, the taxi driver took off with all his luggage. :mad:

Here is a list below:

backpack (day pack and huge pack + boot bag, new ski bag which included 25 rolls, camera, wide angle lense, Rossignol B3s with new AT bidding, skins, avy gear, a new pair of Rossignol B2s, two skis jackets and all the other ski stuff, new hiking boots + all regular clothes...done.

The skis in particlular should be hard to sell; I'm thinking probably a pawn shop. He also had pink ski poles which should be pretty easy to spot.

Any suggestions would be welcome as my friend is sick over all this, particularly losing all his film pictures.

Please PM me if you have any suggestions. He has filled out a police report and looked at mug shots and is flying home today.

:( Sorry to read about what happened to your friend - what a terrible story. Was it a radio taxi? Does your friend remember the name of the company?

bronx_skibum said:
Hi, a friend of mine just spent a week skiing in Las Lenas. When he got off the bus to BA, he took a taxi to his hotel. The taxi driver claimed that his money was not real, and drove him to an ATM. While he was getting some cash, the taxi driver took off with all his luggage. :mad:

Here is a list below:

backpack (day pack and huge pack + boot bag, new ski bag which included 25 rolls, camera, wide angle lense, Rossignol B3s with new AT bidding, skins, avy gear, a new pair of Rossignol B2s, two skis jackets and all the other ski stuff, new hiking boots + all regular clothes...done.

The skis in particlular should be hard to sell; I'm thinking probably a pawn shop. He also had pink ski poles which should be pretty easy to spot.

Any suggestions would be welcome as my friend is sick over all this, particularly losing all his film pictures.

Please PM me if you have any suggestions. He has filled out a police report and looked at mug shots and is flying home today.

Stories such as this are a dime a dozen. Unfortunately, I do not think that your friend will recover his belongings. The lesson to be learned here is to never leave your possessions in any taxi unattended. But, your friend did not know so he can't be blamed.

This is very unfortunate, but it could have been a lot worse. I'm glad to read that he wasn't taken for a ride to any remote location and robbed of his wallet.

did you fill areport to the police some time they have acces to the cameras on the street
or atm an see the taxi licence

It was a radio taxi. He did not pay any attention and so has no info about it.

He did file a police report but if this sort of thing is that prevalent, I'm sure the police have much more violent crimes to worry about.

He was alone in the taxi so did not have that much choice. He said the driver had to go a little further as there was no parking spot by the ATM. I guess the driver went a lot further!

If you pass by a pawnshop and have a minute, maybe you could take a peek in and see if you notice skis that are made by Rossignol and say "B2" or "B3", or a pair of old pink ski poles. Those are the most identifiable of his items.

Back