They looked slightly out of place...

Iznogud

Registered
Two of them, mid teens. Spotted them a block away, coming from the Recova de Posadas.
I was standing across the street from the Four Seasons waiting for a taxi, early sat. morning. Nobody else around.
A police car stopped at the red light in front of me and the youngsters stared at it but kept coming. They followed it with their eyes when it resumed patrolling.
It was the grit that covered them that gave them away. Shorts, t shirts and backpacks all with the same uniform crust of dirt.
By the time we were in opposite sidewalks of Cerrito, the lead one had locked on me and his eyes betrayed his intentions, while the second one started looking to all sides. The lookout.
I crossed to the other the corner, away from them, just as a taxi showed up.

Could see the frustration in their expression. They inmediately changed paths and dissapeared fast towards Av. del Libertador.

Be aware of your surroundings. Get off the X.
The scenario was very similar to what happened to the unfortunate Aussie tourist. I must be looking tourity these days.

Iz

10 am. Jeans and a blue t-shirt.
Not looking particularly outlandish.

Just the fact that i was completely alone and seemed like an easy prey.

Iz

Most people don't know there's an x or what that means
Glad you are one of us, keep your eyes peeled pilgrim

That’s crazy... I used to walk down that path almost every day. The Recova usually had a policeman standing guard round the clock at the time as most of the restaurants there are upscale and Recova is literally steps from Villa 31 and it’s cavern-like ambience probably would make it a cakewalk for petty crime.
Does anyone know if places like the Four Seasons are doing anything to beef up security if it’s gotten so bad?.... We are talking about a hotel that gets tourists spending about $500 USD a night who generally feel safe exiting the doors of hotels as such but it now sounds like you could get mugged just stepping out of the hotel.

It was kind of unusual. There are cops around the clock but in summer business is very slow or opening later.
Patio opens after 10am. Nobody has breakfast at the Recova anymore.

As I said, the police car passed me by seconds before the failed attempt. Traffic was nonexistant.

Iz

Back