They looked slightly out of place...

Ever played the game Tag?
X marks the spot where the attack is supposed to take place.
But if you move even slightly from that spot, the attack must change as well and plans be redrawn.
Playing Tag, you would move just enough to get out of reach and see the frustration of the attacker.

Combat is fluid.

1580124194823.png

Iz

Like your tactic of evasive, alert action. This is what I did on Independencia when followed from a subte by two would-be predators. Keep in the light at a safe distance but make the pursuers aware of your own awareness. The prescription of surrendering quietly only operates when the options have disappeared and running is not possible or safe. I avoid that whole San Martin/Retiro area after an experience of trying to get a bus down there last year at 8.00pm. Risky. Is it only tourists that are targets though? Many portenos say they never carry significant amounts of cash for the reason that "everyone has some personal tale of robbery even if they have avoided being mugged". Some use the Mexican trick of carrying two cell phones: one cheap or old that can be surrendered to the ladrone and one kept safe.

Don't forget to toss the extra wallet/phone away from you and change direction. This will hopefully make the BG move towards the loot and not you.
If you get caught and patted down and they figure out you lured them, there will be hell to pay.
Personnally, i wouldn't bother. They are good at searching people real fast.

Iz

That’s crazy... I used to walk down that path almost every day. The Recova usually had a policeman standing guard round the clock at the time as most of the restaurants there are upscale and Recova is literally steps from Villa 31 and it’s cavern-like ambience probably would make it a cakewalk for petty crime.
I think all this hate heaped against Villa 31 is classist (and dare I say racist!) and when I return to the Capital after this Corona Virus thing passes, I'm going to try and convince Rich to organize a Coffee Chat at the new McDonalds there. I'm going to wear my fake Rolex, Rich will don his "Juntos por el Cambio" shirt and we'll waltz in there - or better tango in there - with Below Zero in the lead.

I guarantee nothing bad will happen!

See, I can Virtue Signal with the best of them! :)

As politically incorrect this is, profiling will keep you safe and in some cases even alive........ which reminds me of this one time broken down for the eleventy ninth time in my 1965 jeep in the middle of the delta in entre rios.......shut, never mind, long story short , i survived, the end.

As politically incorrect this is, profiling will keep you safe and in some cases even alive........

Don´t you dare bring PC crap into any of my threads. I only mentioned dress code and personal hygiene as give aways.

They looked like a younger version of these two.

1580155633169.png

Iz

I think all this hate heaped against Villa 31 is classist (and dare I say racist!) and when I return to the Capital after this Corona Virus thing passes, I'm going to try and convince Rich to organize a Coffee Chat at the new McDonalds there. I'm going to wear my fake Rolex, Rich will don his "Juntos por el Cambio" shirt and we'll waltz in there - or better tango in there - with Below Zero in the lead.

I guarantee nothing bad will happen!

See, I can Virtue Signal with the best of them! :)

NeoWonk, You are on your 90 day trial run on this Forum, you have completed your first 50 messages..! May the Force be with you and help you remain active on the Forum.

...and when I return to the Capital after this Corona Virus thing passes...

Hopefully, you are now in a place where there is less risk of "social unrest" (aka the breakdown of the civil society) and you can take the appropriate safeguards (staying out of airplanes, buses, and subways, etc.) to minimize contact with other humans if the virus "takes off" rather than passes.

We should know a lot more in the next two to four weeks, Until then, returning (or moving) to Capital Federal might not be in your best self interest.

Back