This heat!

met-ba says 6cm of rain for tonight and 3cm for tomorrow; maybe that will cut this heat.

RobinsonGO said:
met-ba says 6cm of rain for tonight and 3cm for tomorrow; maybe that will cut this heat.
I hope it rains enough to cut the heat, otherwise it just adds a whole lot of humidity to the air, making it unbearable, as well as creating the perfect super-mosquito environment.

9 cm in 2 days is more rain than we have had in the past 3 months. I dont think we even had one storm last year that brought more than 4-5 cm.

I picked the wrong week to come back. Friday it was 37° ... yesterday it got up to 40°... and today looks about similar. To top it off our water was cut off for most of the day yesterday. :mad:

Last night I ran out of clothes to take off to be able to sleep. Even the sheets felt like woolen blankets.

I'm from my Miami and even I am having a hard time dealing with this heat! I've also somehow managed to catch a terrible head cold. Wtf. :confused:

Eclair - do you have a fan? I don't have air conditioning, and I don't think it's so bad with the windows and a fan.

We have ceiling fans, but it's still incredibly hot. :p

At least it's a little more cloudy now so the breeze blowing in through the windows isn't just hot air. Looking forward to the rain!

People pay big money for access to a sauna. And we get it all free!!! Enjoy the heat, kids! Humans evolved over a million years in a pretty hot place. You can handle it better than you think :)

My power went out for about an hour today, thank goodness it wasn't longer, it was not a fun hour!

The secret to not having a/c is opening the windows at night and then closing them all as soon as the sun hits the building in the morning and leaving them closed all day.

It's 10:30 PM and my kitchen (which was one big oven last night..at least 30 C) is cool (about 17 C). I'm boiling eggs and potatoes to make potato salad...first thing in the morning.

The forecast for tomorrow night is 12 C.

I think I'll do some baking...just to keep warm.:rolleyes:

Back