Thoughts on Fernandez, IMF, Morales, and Argentine politics?

Why do you say the "fault of the IMF and the U.S."? I am not arguing, but my thinking is it takes two (or more) sides to make a deal. So, what do you see to direct fault to one of the parties?

I do not see how the IMF or the US would be at fault, but the Argentine government would see a clear link (for not having to blame themselves). I am confident that supporters of the current government like Bajo will gladly confirm it is all the fault of the IMF, the US and their "neo nazi colonialist" puppet Macri.

I do not see how the IMF or the US would be at fault, but the Argentine government would see a clear link (for not having to blame themselves). I am confident that supporters of the current government like Bajo will gladly confirm it is all the fault of the IMF, the US and their "neo nazi colonialist" puppet Macri.
Well, it is a fact that every time the IFM is welcome, the economy collapses.

You just can't blame whiskey for getting you drunk, same applies in the IMF case,if you don't take a loan with them, i'm pretty sure they won't demand payment and i don't recall the IMF making argentina take a loan by force

You just can't blame whiskey for getting you drunk, same applies in the IMF case,if you don't take a loan with them, i'm pretty sure they won't demand payment and i don't recall the IMF making argentina take a loan by force
You are quite correct but the US was the main bartender and offered more drink to a staggering Macri, in the hope it would save him from falling down. The conservative-liberal government was given loans far more readily than the present government, who are already being told who to have as friends if they want any debt relief from the IMF. We can agree that it was more Macri's irresponsibility and incompetence than the IMF that is responsible for the present mess but the question is where do we go from here: the economic data suggested Macri had very little idea of how to get Argentina back on track. Trump is pulling the same strings with Iraq by telling them that if they want US troops to leave they have to reimburse USA billions of dollars for an American airbase that the US built. Economic pressure via IMF or directly is every bit as much USA power policy as it is of Russia or China.

Invincible sunk?As far as I know, it was decomissioned in 2005 and sold to an scrap yard in Turkey in 2011

Back