Three Days/four Nights, Where To Go?

Icabod

Registered
Thinking either Lima/Asuncion/La Paz or maybe somewhere in Brazil. Needs to have direct connection with Newark/JFK and BsAs. I visited Bogotá, Quito, Montevideo, and Santiago so don't want to repeat. Caracas looks like a hassle.

In Oct I will be returning from the US and want to see something different and interesting. Doesn't need to be a huge nightlife scene, however good restaurants and a few bars would be nice. Any insights appreciated.

Thanks.

San Paulo or Rio a must! Forget La Paz, Asuncion, Lima may be!!! Why miss Brazil ???

Ha! Rich One, one of the reasons I may avoid Brazil is my wife will not be with me on this trip and I am afraid if the location is TOO good (i.e. Rio) she might be a bit upset! Whereas, if I tell her I am going to Asunción, she'll probably laugh at me.

I spent two weeks in Asuncion last year and I quite liked it, after awhile. But really, there's not much to see or do-- you can tour the entire city in an afternoon. That said, the countryside is beautiful too, it might be worth it to rent a car and visit the various pueblos.

I would probably go to Lima instead.

Back