Tips For An Expat's Life

Aw, c'mon! Sputnik was a rock thrown down range! Of course, it was the first rock down-range. But still, only a rock. Now, to be fair... you must tell us from what country you are from. At least then we all get equal chances at insulting the other person's homeland. :)

"I don't expect much of the North Americans, but is this really the standard of graduates from minor US colleges these days?"

Oh , and pray tell . Sir . which country do you hail from ? Seems rather peculiar to be throwing stones with such little information on yourself. Seems to me that perhaps , with your command of English , perhaps some North American's assisted your homeland in the past. It is rather quite rude to insult North Americans such , with what seems your only knowledge is to berate some poor lad on this forum.

SO , if you wish to personally invoke your discord of North American Youth , I invite you to a forthright discussion , in person. Inasmuch you may not be so bold as to insult North American's , without the autonomy of this forum . By the Way , I am quite confident that GS-Dirtboy would enjoy such an encounter , as would I.

If you newbie's wish to engage in such a pissing match on this forum , perhaps YOU should exchange e mails , or better yet , meet each other in private to see who has the biggest , uh , well , BALLS !!

stevec, sputnik was a satellite , you idiot !! Or Wait !! Did you attend one on the minor North American colleges ?

SO , if you wish to personally invoke your discord of North American Youth , I invite you to a forthright discussion , in person. Inasmuch you may not be so bold as to insult said North American's . By the Way , I am quite confident that GS-Dirtboy would enjoy such an encounter , as would I.

Is this even in English? Looks like something Google Translate might spit out.
That aside, you'd really like to punch someone just because they're not enthused with your country's graduates? Cracking idea! That'll show 'em.

We are supposedly an ex-pat online "community" . Lets put support back into "community".

Pretty funny that a topic like "Tips for an Expat´s Life" ended up like this ....

The argentine pastime of "puteando al otro" seems to have set in ... perhaps we are more assimilated than we feel.

I come in peace :lol:

Pissing contest aside, I have to say that every country has its ups and downs. The idea of living in another country should be seeing as a new experience, welcomed with an open mind because that's the only way you are going to use it in your advantage. Be prepared to find things that are done differently, some of them are going to be better, faster, cheaper, others will not. Argentina is not such a different culture, is not like we are a country in Asia, or India or Africa. The cultural shock is not so big. The impact of US culture has taken roots here years ago.

Every place has their good things and bads. Of course we all know the bad ones, corruption, government, inflation, insecurity, some folks in this forum (haha), but there are good ones too. For example, in Argentina, the healtcare is AWESOME. I had several good positions in IT, but I'm not a CEO nor I have a management position. For different reasons I had to go through several surgeries for different things. Not one, two or three. If I have a few mores, I will need another hand to count them. I was able to go to the best places and the best doctors in the field (I search them, is not like I went to the only one they had). I went through for example eye surgery a few months back because I wanted to.. without paying anything. My osde credential was enough, and the one I had before too worked the same. People from US knows that you can not go to surgery and not being worried of going to bankrupcy. Here.. any normal company is going to give you a good healtcare coverage for you and your family.. that will pay for anything you may need without you going into debt or paying anything other than meds.

Education is another thing, is not something expensive if you take a look at US prices. Properties here are expensive, but again, look at prices in both countries. The laws here protect a lot the employee, sometimes too much. Hey, we also have a lot of long-weekends too that help you relax a little more.

My advice? Take it easy. Enjoy.. experiment new things, be happy for the opportunity you have. Is not like you were sold to an argentinian couple as a slave. I don't know your particulary case, but you will leave if you don't like this one way or the other. Besides, if you miss back home, you can always meet with guys from this forum that are feeling blue just like you.

Have a good one

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jantango Expat Life 1
A Expat Life 7
F Expat Life 12
F Expat Life 9
jantango Expat Life 11
Back