Titulo Secundario: Transcript Or Diploma?

natykerouac

Registered
For applying to school in BA I have to get my titulo secundario apostilled...is that the actual diploma, or the transcript?
Getting the transcript apostilled is more common, and it does show I graduated, but I'm not sure...

The diploma. Although it wouldn't hurt to do bith. The transcript doesn't prove you graduated. I showed my transcript to the university here and they told me they would only accept a diploma.

Ok thanks. And to have the diploma apostilled does it first need to be notarized? or can it be taken directly to the secretary of state (mine is CA)?

The diploma. Although it wouldn't hurt to do bith. The transcript doesn't prove you graduated. I showed my transcript to the university here and they told me they would only accept a diploma.
Did it have to be the original copy of the diploma? apostilled etc

Ok thanks. And to have the diploma apostilled does it first need to be notarized? or can it be taken directly to the secretary of state (mine is CA)?

The point of an apostille is to certify the notarization. You notarize it, then get it apostilled, then have it mailed to Argentina. Get it translated by a translator from the Colegio de Traductores Publicos, then take it to the Colegio de Traductores Publicos once it's translated and certify the translation. Voila. You must always use original copies.

Ok.
so the notary couldn't notarize the original copy of my diploma because there was already a signature on it, and the notary has to witness the signing. so we had him notarize a signed letter which says the diploma is authentic. I hope that works..

Back