To the US contingent on here - Bank/Dollars Question

What I perhaps didn’t clarify is that I am not a US Citizen/visa/green card holder and that I don’t have any bank account in the states or as far as I understand it a means of opening one?

your you will not be able to open a US bank account without a social security number. you would need a green card for that. banks do get funny about doing business with someone that does not bank there. do you know anyone in the US?

your you will not be able to open a US bank account without a social security number. you would need a green card for that. banks do get funny about doing business with someone that does not bank there. do you know anyone in the US?
It depends where in the US the traveler is going to be and for how long. I believe some sanctuary cities do have banks that allow undocumented to have accounts such as Los Angeles. But it requires waiting for a debit card and more importantly what address to use.

What I perhaps didn’t clarify is that I am not a US Citizen/visa/green card holder and that I don’t have any bank account in the states or as far as I understand it a means of opening one?
My suggestion is getting a friend who is an account holder to help you with this. It can be done by depositing the cash in an ATM and then withdrawing it again inside the bank. I have specified to the teller during the withdrawal that I need clean new bills for traveling and they usually have some on hand.

If you are staying at hotels or Airbnbs, contact them in advance and ask if they can help you. If they can't, try contacting other hotels and Airbnbs suggesting that you might book with them if they are willing to help.
Kind of putting a target on yourself to get robbed.

My suggestion is getting a friend who is an account holder to help you with this. It can be done by depositing the cash in an ATM and then withdrawing it again inside the bank. I have specified to the teller during the withdrawal that I need clean new bills for traveling and they usually have some on hand.
Yes, thanks will see if a friend will help out. Probably easiest.

Back