Tomas Bulat Economist Dies In Car Crash....!

Rich One

Registered
Today at 1:50 am Tomas died in a Remis crash travelling from Rosario to BA...! The Remis crashed into the rear end of a huge truck...!! the Remis driver was not hurt..! :rolleyes:

Another case of an accident in the early AM hours , with no Apparent traffic explanation . The Case was labeled Homicidio Culposo, until it's determined what caused the accident, the drivers responsibility, blood test, etc. :cool:

Always tried to listen to him when he was on TV.

He was a pretty decent guy and always recognised when he got it wrong.

He was one of the guys who predicted that the $ would reach 20 by the end of last year.

he said , ' I GOT IT WRONG ..... I never expected the government to support the peso the way they did."

I was very saddened to hear this news this morning! From what I know, a great guy and one who was not afraid to say, as previously stated, that he got some things wrong! Unreal to think he died while seated in the back and it was a fromt collision job but apparently he needed the entire waist AND CHEST selt belt. My condolences to his friends, family and followers.

An eyeopener about public service Drivers in the AM hours in the local Highways. A danger for them and Other vehicles. :cool:

Correction; According to Infobae the Remis rearended the Truck at near 3:30 am , in a straight section of the road , both vehicles were going in the same direction. on the same lane...!! :cool:

Driver may have fallen asleep. Wouldn't surprise me if the truck didn't have lights in back either, or were very dim. Or that the truck changed lanes for some reason into the path of the car. Maybe any combination.

I've done a good amount of driving between here and Asuncion and have passed through that section of highway between here and Rosario many times. In some ways it's dangerous because it's 4 lanes (2 each side, in some places 6 lanes, 3 on each side) and particularly at that time of day there are often lines and lines of trucks traveling between the cities, so many drivers may feel the need for speed - it's the only big road to the north that I know of.

Last time I drove that way I lost a brand new tire. I was in the left lane (part where there were 6 lanes, closer to Buenos Aires), it was about 11:00 pm and I was doing about 140 kph. I had moved into the left lane to pass a car in the center lane. The guy was going not even 100 kph and as I approaching him to pass, he suddenly changed lanes directly in front of me. Had I not been alert I would have run right into the back of him. As it was I slammed on the brakes, controlled my slide (forgot I didn't have anti-lock brakes!), pumped the brakes a couple of times after the immediate skid and the guy went on like nothing had happened. Broke the damned belts in the tire, I could feel immediately.

Back