Tourist flight rates dropped!

EvergreenGal

Registered
The article below was emailed to me from My Buenos Aires Travel Guide website this a.m., good news for those using Aerolinas Argentinas!

Good news on Aerolinas Argentinas: better prices for tourists
Posted: 16 May 2009 05:38 AM PDT
There´s great news for tourists visiting Argentina. Aerolineas Argentinas has modified its pricing policy, and has put back the rates of its domestic flights in Argentina for foreign visitors at the same level as the rates for residents.
Now non-resident tourists can get tickets for the Class B Economic at the same prices as those for Argentine residents. This is from now on the only valid rate, eliminating the exiting higher rates that foreign visitors where obliged to pay.
This has been a long awaited measure by tourists and tour operators alike, providing better conditions for visiting all the destinations in our beautiful country.

thats interesting in that i had understood that it was an argentine law for the two price system at least that what was actually published in lan web sites so that means the law has changed?

diego7david said:
thats interesting in that i had understood that it was an argentine law for the two price system at least that what was actually published in lan web sites so that means the law has changed?

My guess is that the law requires them to keep a discount / lower price for locals, but does not prevent them from lowering their regular fares (for tourists, non-residents) to match that low price as well. I agree this is good news indeed. I imagine LAN will follow as well.

I checked the website and tried a test booking and it is giving me the same price as before for a BUE-Salta flight at the end of June but the website is acting funny and having problems so maybe they are updating the system?

In thinking about this...it is probably a way for the Government to try and make some money since they took the airlines back from Spain...it's so deeply in debt it will take them doing a 2 for 1 for years and years to ever make it out of the hole...if even then~

The law opposes double pricing. Take a look:

ARTÍCULO 6°.- Incorpórase como artículo 8° bis de la Ley N° 24.240 de Defensa del Consumidor:

Trato digno. Prácticas abusivas. Los proveedores deberán garantizar condiciones de atención y trato digno y equitativo a los consumidores y usuarios. Deberán abstenerse de desplegar conductas que coloquen a los consumidores en situaciones vergonzantes, vejatorias o intimidatorias. No podrán ejercer sobre los consumidores extranjeros diferenciación alguna sobre precios, calidades técnicas o comerciales o cualquier otro aspecto relevante sobre los bienes y servicios que comercialice. Cualquier excepción a lo señalado deberá ser autorizada por la autoridad de aplicación en razones de interés general debidamente fundadas.

sergio said:
The law opposes double pricing. Take a look:

ARTÍCULO 6°.- Incorpórase como artículo 8° bis de la Ley N° 24.240 de Defensa del Consumidor:

Trato digno. Prácticas abusivas. Los proveedores deberán garantizar condiciones de atención y trato digno y equitativo a los consumidores y usuarios. Deberán abstenerse de desplegar conductas que coloquen a los consumidores en situaciones vergonzantes, vejatorias o intimidatorias. No podrán ejercer sobre los consumidores extranjeros diferenciación alguna sobre precios, calidades técnicas o comerciales o cualquier otro aspecto relevante sobre los bienes y servicios que comercialice. Cualquier excepción a lo señalado deberá ser autorizada por la autoridad de aplicación en razones de interés general debidamente fundadas.

The last sentence of that article gives way to exceptions (i.e., other laws). Resolución 35/2002 "Tarifas" establishes the lower fares for AR residents, which in turn resulted in a "legal" double-pricing for national airfares (residents vs non-residents).

Back