Tourist flight rates dropped!

THIS IS WHAT THE LAN WEBSITE SAYS WHEN I TRY TO BOOK AS A RESIDENT FOR LOWER FARES (I REALIZE THE POST WAS ABOUT AEROLINEAS ARGENTINAS, however i dont fly on that airline because most days for short trips, since most times they were delayed five hours or so, became really short trips) lan still has the lower fare for residents about 140 for residents and about 280 for non residents from ba to mendoza r/t

IMPORTANTE: Las tarifas aquí indicadas están disponibles sólo para RESIDENTES de Argentina según artículo 4 de la Resolución 35/2002 de la Secretaría de Transporte del Ministerio de la Producción. En caso que alguno de los pasajeros no lo sea, éste puede comprar sus tickets en algunos de nuestros sitios internacionales de LAN.com. Durante el embarque se solicitará documentación que acredite la condición de residencia. Si no la tuviese, aquel pasajero con ticket en esta clase no podrá embarcar.

Im still getting the same prices as before. Does anyone know when they will bring about this change? Anyone got contacts in AA?

i just checked aero arg and just like lan, they have web pages for argentina and for usa etc. you can bring up the argentine aero arg webpage in spanish but it asks right away for your country of residence. and when you try to book ba to mendoza r/t in usa terms its about 275 and half that when you are a resident. it also says the same thing basically as lan

0.gif
The fares expressesd in pesos (ARS) for flights within Argentina are only valid for Argentine Residents and for tickets bought within the Agentinean territory. If you are not an Argentine resident please visit the web site of your country residence.
0.gif
0.gif
0.gif

as someone before said, vamos a ver

I think I will wait and see. I wont book anything until I hear something about it.

EvergreenGal said:
In thinking about this...it is probably a way for the Government to try and make some money since they took the airlines back from Spain...it's so deeply in debt it will take them doing a 2 for 1 for years and years to ever make it out of the hole...if even then~

I think it was this past Thursday that there was a big bold headline on the cover of La Nacion that said that Aerolineas Argentinas is losing AR$4 million per day.

That seems like a ridiculously large amount for a company that doesn't have many flights and actually has people on most of them, but that's what the headline appeared to say from a table away.

(Either that, or it could be losing AR$4,000 on each flight.) I don't know. I'm sure that the story is still on their website. I'll look.

Nap

I shouldnt have held out. Flight prices to Salta have increased across the board. If Aerolineas are loosing that much a day and then up their prices in this economic climate they almost deserve to go out of business.

I received an email from Aerolineas saying if you buy 2 tickets, the second is half off, to any destination.

Back