Tourist To Citizen --- Have To Pay Back Taxes?

mmmyeah

Registered
Do people who receive citizenship via the courts have to pay back taxes? I imagine most tourist visa holders (or illegals) are not paying any or the full amount of taxes they should pay. If they seek citizenship then the judge will become aware of their income as he requests documentation for an honest way of living. As a result, it will be discovered that taxes were not appropriately paid during those 2+ years of residency.

How common is it for Argentina to seek back taxes for cases such as this?

Do people who receive citizenship via the courts have to pay back taxes? I imagine most tourist visa holders (or illegals) are not paying any or the full amount of taxes they should pay. If they seek citizenship then the judge will become aware of their income as he requests documentation for an honest way of living. As a result, it will be discovered that taxes were not appropriately paid during those 2+ years of residency.

I was not told about anything relating to this, but when I finally get an accountant, I will let you know what I find out.

Edit. Never mind, I guess it's different if you're going straight from 'irregular' status to citizenship.

It would be prudent not to get "over exited" abaout taxes etc . And since you were not a resident before, any tax you pay will be from the income generated from the day, when you became a citizen.

Back